Why........??

Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:49 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why........??

Originally Posted by iaink
Really? I'm surprised, most Americans are blissfully opinion free about Canadians, and might well struggle to find the place on the map.

Maybe a few Canadians are bitter about this general indifference to a place that is so obviously superior to the home of the brave and land of the free?
Canada is the American dream
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:49 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Why is it that most Americans and Canadians don't like each other?

Is it competition or something?

I don't get it!
Don't think it's true for many but one question i do have is.....

.....Why do lots of American travellers sew the Canadian flag badge onto their backpacks etc?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Well all of my Finace's family in Canada don't like Americans
Sounds like you were made for each other, and will be very happy together.

Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
.....Why do lots of American travellers sew the Canadian flag badge onto their backpacks etc?
Myth. Canadian self-aggrandisment. They'd be as likely to sew on Algerian flags.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:03 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Myth. Canadian self-aggrandisment. They'd be as likely to sew on Algerian flags.
I know 3 of them and they do it because they feel they'll be treated differently (how serious they are i'm not sure).

I've also met quite a few more on my travels. Canadian badge, obvious American accent.

Wouldn't say it's rife, however my experience has brought me into contact with a few.

I'm not fussed either way, i just find it interesting.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Lol

Well all of my Finace's family in Canada don't like Americans and a couple of my American friends don't like Canadians

Have no idea why though?
I thought it was more a case of Canadians not liking Americans mostly because everywhere they go they get sick and tired of people misinterpreting their accent as being Americans
http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm
I just had to add that clip....hilarious!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:10 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian badge, obvious American accent.
Good for you. Ive been here 11 years now living among them and I'm damned if I can tell the difference the vast majority of the time. If there is a hint of latin twinge, or from the deep south then its a giveaway, but thats about the only time. 90% of canadians sound like 90% of americans.

Most are too proud of their native land to fly a false flag.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I've also met quite a few more on my travels. Canadian badge, obvious American accent.
As you know, I can't tell Canadians and Americans apart by accent, so I find the idea of a "obvious American accent" rather far fetched. Are you saying that the backpackers were from Bwaston?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:24 am
Beep

Originally Posted by dbd33
As you know, I can't tell Canadians and Americans apart by accent, so I find the idea of a "obvious American accent" rather far fetched. Are you saying that the backpackers were from Bwaston?
Bwaston

Well i must have a highly trained ear
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Lol

Well all of my Finace's family in Canada don't like Americans and a couple of my American friends don't like Canadians

Have no idea why though?

Wow. Sounds like you're marrying into a pretty intolerant bunch!

Perhaps you need to educate them? Life's too short to go around pre-judging a whole nation of people you haven't met.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:38 am
Assimilated Pauper

Bwaston
Where one goes to the packy before going parkin. Though not I suppose in Harvard Yard.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
I thought it was more a case of Canadians not liking Americans mostly because everywhere they go they get sick and tired of people misinterpreting their accent as being Americans
http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm
I just had to add that clip....hilarious!!
Love it!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:14 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that most Americans and Canadians don't like each other?

Is it competition or something?

I don't get it!
This is the first thing I'm going to find about once I go to Canada cuz I'm curious about it too
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a lot of respect going both ways.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:23 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Another classic thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.