Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Who's Looking to move to NS?

Wikiposts

Who's Looking to move to NS?

Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Paperwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who's Looking to move to NS?

Cheers mls will be busy
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:24 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Nova Scotia is definitely our ideal destination as it sounds like a great place to bring up a family but we are hoping to get there through the TWP route.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:04 am
In the boonies

drivemel2 is on a distinguished road

Hi
We are landing in April 2010. OH will return home until house is sold, whilst myself and daughter will try and find jobs. Son is already here at High School in Wolfville. We are renting a furnished house there to start off with (which someone on this site kindly found for me!) We really like the area but don't want to commit to buying until work is sorted. We were nominated on the CIS route.
Hope to meet up with others soon. Good luck to everyone trying to get to NS.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:10 am
Just Joined

shanook79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ellypop
. Here in the UK we are used to things being brown signed at every turn but it may take a bit more effort in NS.
That sounds like the place for me....an adventure at every turn fantastic
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:37 am
Just Joined

shanook79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had the dream of making NS our home for 2 years, and it makes me feel sad that we haven't got anywhere yet. I became very ill and had to put everything on hold, but now I've been given all clear and so we start again.
We have booked flights out for ten days in May and I'm, very excited.
My husband is a domestic and commercail plumber so I'm hoping work will not be a problem for him.
I love this forum and enjoying reading what you all have to say
So heres to a new year and new dreams for US all x
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:49 am
Just Joined

philhel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by engineer80
Nova Scotia is definitely our ideal destination as it sounds like a great place to bring up a family but we are hoping to get there through the TWP route.
we are going the TWP route with my oh having got an LMO from his future employer IMP. They told us that we had to get our TWP from the embassy in London but we've since been told by Mike Wilson of UK2NovaScotia that we can do the application for these at the airport!! If we'd of known this we would of been out there by Feb. We are now hoping to be there for the beginning of Mar.
Good luck with your voyage to NS
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philhel
we are going the TWP route with my oh having got an LMO from his future employer IMP. They told us that we had to get our TWP from the embassy in London but we've since been told by Mike Wilson of UK2NovaScotia that we can do the application for these at the airport!! If we'd of known this we would of been out there by Feb. We are now hoping to be there for the beginning of Mar.
As long as you don't need a medical you most definately can get your TWP at POE. Look forward to maybe seeing you when you get over here!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Who's Looking to move to NS?

Hi
sorry to be nosey but I am curious in what employment you are taking up at IMP. The company employs a lot of people from the UK but has been getting a bit of stick in the local papers and unions for employing overseas people at the expense of Canadians, some of which have been laidoff. You might want to check out the Chronical Hearld website to read the articles. If you want any information about the company or NS feel free to PM me as I also work there.

Winston
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys... am just interested how it took, or generally takes for a LMO to come through in NS at the moment??
Any one got any ideas?? Would be helpful to know just approx.
Thanks
Lorna
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

My prospective employer was advised by CIC that it would take 2 - 4 weeks for LMO to be processed through NS.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaceace
My prospective employer was advised by CIC that it would take 2 - 4 weeks for LMO to be processed through NS.
That's brilliant thanks. Not as long as I thought.
Thanks
Old Jan 1st 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm moving in 2 weeks, what is the traffic like on the MacDonald going into Hfx in the mornings?

Thanks!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

IMP?

How does this company recruit so many non-canadian nationals? I am very interested as we are looking to settle in Nova Scotia and they have several positions we would be interested in!
Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:47 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
IMP?

How does this company recruit so many non-canadian nationals? I am very interested as we are looking to settle in Nova Scotia and they have several positions we would be interested in!
Thanks
I believe the main area of IMP where they hire a number of foreign workers is within the aerospace field. IMP is a huge company in NS not just aerospace, it goes without saying here that there are ways of obtaining things if you are a large /$$$ organization, and there are lots of links with this co to various relocation agency's and more than likely people within government etc which more than likely would link into the area for visas etc.

There have been previous threads re IMP, good and bad, it is down to each persons responsibility to research so there are no surprises.

I have no personal experience of them, so cannot comment specifically.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by transatlantic
I'm moving in 2 weeks, what is the traffic like on the MacDonald going into Hfx in the mornings?

Thanks!

It depends what time you are using it, but traffic is pretty heavy. Worse if there is an accident.
More traffic at the moment as people are using it rather than Bedford Highway - due to major road works at Fairview overpass.
This website lets you check on traffic conditions
https://www.hdbc.ca/Default.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.