Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Whos going to the Emigrate show?

Whos going to the Emigrate show?

Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:14 am
Just Joined

TaffCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whos going to the Emigrate show?

Hi

Who is going to the Emigrate Show 2012 at Lords Cricket Ground?

Ty
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whos going to the Emigrate show?

I thought about visiting one of these shows, but then I've educated myself about the process using information that is freely available, and then there's the advice available on this forum.

I don't really feel the need to go to these things. I would only advise going if you are specifically going to achieve something like meeting a potential employer.

People feel that this is the place to connect with immigration consultants, but to be honest, unless you have a complex history you don't need them. After all, they don't remove the leg work you have to put in.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Me Ailsa and the kids, drove all the way down from Glasgow to Manchester to the show a couple of months back.

VERY dissappointed

There was only a handfull of stands, we were finished in about 20 minutes. Really not worth the 4 hour drive and hotel for a night.

The exhibitors who DID turn up were very helpfull and enthusiastic though.

Save your cash, ask all your questions on here

You can always join up as a premium member and donate a wee bit of cash to help fund the site if you want to spend money
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:06 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

We went to one a couple of years ago near Coventry. Total waste of time.

Learnt nothing new,the kids got bored and we came away with a load of free pens, stickers and keyrings.

At least it was only a 30 minute drive from home.

You are right Dave and Ailsa, you can learn more on this site.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:48 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently lots go, according to the website, 'For many of those now living their new life abroad, a visit to an Emigrate show was the start of their amazing journey.'

Wonder how many is many?

They also think it is essential
'a trip to an Emigrate show is essential to meet overseas migration experts, who know the current status inside out.'

Speculating, it is probably not essential.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

TaffCan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Niobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Me Ailsa and the kids, drove all the way down from Glasgow to Manchester to the show a couple of months back.

VERY dissappointed

There was only a handfull of stands, we were finished in about 20 minutes. Really not worth the 4 hour drive and hotel for a night.

The exhibitors who DID turn up were very helpfull and enthusiastic though.

Save your cash, ask all your questions on here

You can always join up as a premium member and donate a wee bit of cash to help fund the site if you want to spend money
We went to that one too and were also disappointed. It was a lot smaller than we thought and I know people are there to promote their business but we felt like they abused the captive audience a bit too much. We came away with huge headaches, fearful and worried about the need and cost of 'having' to use an immigration lawyer or consultant. Our background isn't very complicated but there might be a couple of delicate areas we will need to be careful with. I think they are ok if you want a job or have a complicated history. I'm still glad-ish we went as we found out what 'not' to do too!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:26 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

We went to one back in 2007 and, for the most part, agree with the above in that it was a waste of time although it was nice to meet and chat with other like minded people hoping for a new life abroad. Luckily for us, it too was only a half hour drive or so from home.

Anyway, the only good thing about it for us was that we got chatting to a realtor there who was very helpful and knowledgeable and whose services we subsequently used and who is now a good friend of ours. Through her too, we have made some other very good friends out here.

Other than that it was just a case of collecting a mass of business cards for various companies; all info that we could have got online.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:09 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaffCan
I'll be there
You're going from Calgary to Emigrate in the UK?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:43 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
You're going from Calgary to Emigrate in the UK?
Might be worth the trip, you never know.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:26 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaffCan
I'll be there
I thought you had already emigrated and lived in Calgary for the past ten years. Or is this a sneaky advert your trying to pop in?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I thought you had already emigrated and lived in Calgary for the past ten years. Or is this a sneaky advert your trying to pop in?
If it is an advert - it has been remarkably unsuccessful. If I was thinking about going, I probably wouldn't now having read the responses.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:42 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
If it is an advert - it has been remarkably unsuccessful. If I was thinking about going, I probably wouldn't now having read the responses.
We went to one of these shows before we moved and long before we found this site and we still didn't learn anything new.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I think she's a realtor offering to do the pickup, show you around, give you advice thing. She's will do the driving license and SIN thing when you land.

She started another thread stating she'd be at the show but it was deleted by a Moderator.

Could be wrong, but if I am it was some similar service.

Last edited by scribe123; Dec 8th 2011 at 7:33 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Total waste of time, really, don't bother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.