Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Who are the most reasonably priced company for flights these days....

Who are the most reasonably priced company for flights these days....

Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:05 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Question Who are the most reasonably priced company for flights these days....

since the demise of Zoom??

I've looked at Canadian Affair but there must be others. I seem to remember that they use Thompson for flights but I may be mistaken.

Think I need some help .......somebody help me pleeeeeeeaaaase??

Thanks

Rubie x
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:11 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who are the most reasonably priced company for flights these days....

Originally Posted by Rubie
since the demise of Zoom??

I've looked at Canadian Affair but there must be others. I seem to remember that they use Thompson for flights but I may be mistaken.

Think I need some help .......somebody help me pleeeeeeeaaaase??

Thanks

Rubie x
Hi Rubie

Canadian Affair use Air Transat and Thomas Cook Airlines, we used them earlier this year and had not probs, but there have been lots of threads re CA that have not been so good.

I am keeping an eye on flights for Jan/Feb time and to be honest the prices don't appear to me much different between CA, Air Canada, BA etc, so to be honest I think its a case of luck of when you are going and when you actually book as to the price you end up paying.

Where are you looking to go to?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who are the most reasonably priced company for flights these days....

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Rubie

Canadian Affair use Air Transat and Thomas Cook Airlines, we used them earlier this year and had not probs, but there have been lots of threads re CA that have not been so good.

I am keeping an eye on flights for Jan/Feb time and to be honest the prices don't appear to me much different between CA, Air Canada, BA etc, so to be honest I think its a case of luck of when you are going and when you actually book as to the price you end up paying.

My OH got a good deal flying virgin to boston then air canada jazz to halifax
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Have a look at klm... Price means nothing if they're dirt cheap but do a zoom.... Scheduled, scheduled, scheduled ;o)
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Most normal airlines like KLM, Air Canada, BA, etc. Let you bring loads more luggage as well.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Mumof3newbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at going to Calgary next month and Air Canada was coming out the cheapest
HTH
Old Sep 28th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

We flew by Thomas Cook (Canadian Affair) yesterday and apart from being delayed for 40 minutes we had an excellent flight. However we did upgrade which cost us £79.50pp but WORTH EVERY PENNY! It was excellent and I would highly recommend them but I have heard other stories of longer delays. It all depends really.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Have had a few flights with Transat now this year and they've been very friendly (this last flight even had stacks of legroom, although it was an older jet - watch out for the A310 flights as they have good seats!).

They've just started doing President's Choice food, too (which you'll be familiar with if you shop in the Real Canadian Superstore over here).
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rubie

Hi nikki

If you see any well priced flights for that time could you let me know

Sorry to but in.

Ive flown with air transant and thomas cook very good flights with no problems british airways seem to have very good prices at the moment as well.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Hi Rubie

Hi Nikki

thanks for your help. We are looking to go to Calgary initially. Not sure when we are going to be able to go just yet due to other commitments but it's a great help to know who the main players are.

Thanks again and to everyone else who replied. Good luck on the house sale Nikki.

Rubie x