White Rock BC

Old May 11th 2015, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: White Rock BC

We currently live in suburbs of a city and we previously lived in far flung parts of Scotland (highlands and islands). While the remoteness of Scottish islands was too much in terms of facilities for kids and work for my husband the suburbs isn't really us either. From here it looks like much of lower mainland are bedroom towns where people commute into downtown Vancouver. Although maybe out a bit eg maple ridge or mission might work I know he doesn't want a long commute but would rather live somewhere with a population 60-100 thousandish to hit the right balance. For me the job will be ok wherever or not depending on how I deal with non NHS practice so the location has to be right for him if that makes sense. Also white rock in particular is too much from a real estate perspective.
Old May 11th 2015, 4:23 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Got you. It sounds like one of the many villages/ towns in Ontario would be a much better fit.
Old May 11th 2015, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly but it has to be BC as that's the college I've gone down the route of getting licensed with. The other provinces demand at least one exam pass before landing. BC give me up to three years to get the exams which will be easier to do in Canada as I will know the systems etc. I hope
Old May 11th 2015, 5:55 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gowest
Possibly but it has to be BC as that's the college I've gone down the route of getting licensed with. The other provinces demand at least one exam pass before landing. BC give me up to three years to get the exams which will be easier to do in Canada as I will know the systems etc. I hope
Ontario didn't. You would be exempt from the entrance exam and the same amount of time as BC to sit part 1 and part 2...and get your full license.
Old May 11th 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

That's interesting tirytory
Thought I needed mccee for ON and I hate mcqs
Old May 11th 2015, 6:08 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I've probably forgotten the key data at the head of this thread- yes if getting qualified here is important head to BC.
Old May 11th 2015, 6:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gowest
That's interesting tirytory
Thought I needed mccee for ON and I hate mcqs
Well as you must have picked up on, my husband is a FP here on a twp. There is a reciprocal agreement between the Royal Colleges so you don't need the entrance exam, and he has just sat part 2 a couple of weeks ago. He passed the first in November. We'll hopefully hear middle of June whether he has passed the second one and he can get a full license which will be a weight off our minds.
Old May 11th 2015, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

That's great that he's so nearly fully licensed

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Well as you must have picked up on, my husband is a FP here on a twp. There is a reciprocal agreement between the Royal Colleges so you don't need the entrance exam, and he has just sat part 2 a couple of weeks ago. He passed the first in November. We'll hopefully hear middle of June whether he has passed the second one and he can get a full license which will be a weight off our minds.