Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where Do You Want To Relocate To

Where Do You Want To Relocate To

Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:47 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where Do You Want To Relocate To

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Wouldn't it be great if the people still waiting to get over to Canada had a place where they can ask questions regarding their choice of place. If I didn't know the town where we are going then I would not have known where to start.
We are relocating to Calgary, probably because I have family there, but also because we feel it is a good place to start with the kids. Ideally we would love to be in BC in the summer and Calgary in the winter!!!

But it doesnt really matter how nice/horrid someone thinks a place is, it will always be heaven/hell to someone else. Even if you have family where you are moving to, you still have to make it yourself.

I have always found most people remarks to be helpful, especially Morwennas, but you have to go with an open mind and make your own decision about a place.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I'm sorry but replies like that are less than helpful and often come across with a sting - if you don't want to give a helpful answer then just pass the thread by.
Oof! I really didn't mean it to have a sting! And anyway, the original poster wasn't asking that particular question (ie where should we live?) as they have already decided.

I was just commenting that sometimes you get the knee jerk "Iqaluit" reply from people who do get frustrated at the lack of specifics. (I have never responded with that personally, as I don't know how to spell "Iqaluit" )
And of course, the "irony" is lost on new posters anyway, as it is sort of an in-joke here now. Not helpful, and not welcoming.

http://www.city.iqaluit.nu.ca/
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Once again I apologise.........I thought this post was entitled 'Where do you want to relocate to?' Not a post asking where the best place to go was therefore that makes Morwennas post completely irrelevant - I may have read her post in the wrong context (50% of e-mails etc are read in the worng context as you cant 'read' the tone of print). I for one would be interested in where people want to go and the reasons why - or even where they intend to go but ended up going.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for making an irrelevent post then. I do admit it was a slight sideways hop.

I guess it just came into my head as a point to make then rather than actually in response to make when somebody did ask where they should choose.

I certainly didn't mean to upset anybody. I'll go stand in the corner right now ....
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

You can come out now Rose!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Apologies for making an irrelevent post then. I do admit it was a slight sideways hop.

I guess it just came into my head as a point to make then rather than actually in response to make when somebody did ask where they should choose.

I certainly didn't mean to upset anybody. I'll go stand in the corner right now ....
Have you got that pointy hat with a big 'D' on the front?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:03 pm
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by sinope
Have you got that pointy hat with a big 'D' on the front?
Yup, but I think I have it on back to front .......
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:25 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Yup, but I think I have it on back to front .......
You're meant to sit on it, not wear it!!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:10 am
little snowy owl

Doh!