Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where do I get my TWP? At the connecting airport, or destination?

Where do I get my TWP? At the connecting airport, or destination?

Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

mr2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do I get my TWP? At the connecting airport, or destination?

I was just wondering whether I need to tell immigration at my connecting airport (Halifax) about my approval for a TWP, or whether I only need to do this at the destination airport?

I have a couple of hours between flights, will this be enough time if I need to fill in lots of paperwork at the connecting airport?

I won't have any goods to follow, so shouldn't have to fill in this form.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:04 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I get my TWP? At the connecting airport, or destination?

At your first port of entry where you clear customs and immigration, otherwise you will be admitted as a visitor then have to go to a CIC location to activate a work permit. If you arrive at an airport and tell them you are going to activate a WP somewhere else, this could cause all sorts of problems with admission.

You only go though immigration on international flights. When on a domestic flight (your onward flight) you won't go through immigration, so won't be able to do it at your final destination.

Last edited by Aviator; Jan 30th 2010 at 5:07 pm.