Where in BC

Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

alilane will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where in BC

Hiya... sorry to hijack this thread!

Am looking to move to BC as well ... husband has been offered employment with company based in Coquitlam but might be travelling around surrounding areas. As we are currently not sure about transport etc, but thinking it might be best to be near skytrain, where would be best? Coquitlam itself.. or nearby?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:24 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in BC

On another thread you said you were looking to rent at first so if I were in your position I would start off by looking in Coquitlam. There is a wide variety of neighborhoods in Coquitlam ranging from the high end and expensive to the not so hot. I am sure you will be able to find somewhere that suits you and your budget. However, because it does vary, I would avoid making a 12 month commitment from overseas. You really need to walk the areas to know where you will feel comfortable.

There are pros and cons of living near a Skytrain station. The pro is the convenience, particularly if you intend to travel downtown or your destination is also near a station. However, the network is not that extensive. The lines try to link commercial areas - there are not many stations in the leafy suburbs. Also, there is usually a slight increase in crime in the areas around Skytrain stations. Often the effect is minimal, but not always.