Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Something actually happened in Castlegar, BC.

Something actually happened in Castlegar, BC.

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:16 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Something actually happened in Castlegar, BC.

Bombs apparently.

Must be the Doukhobor revolution. Been a long time coming. Vive le revolution, Russkies.

R.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice
Default Re: Something actually happened in Castlegar, BC.

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Bombs apparently.

Must be the Doukhobor revolution. Been a long time coming. Vive le revolution, Russkies.

R.

He/She was on Pitt River Bridge this morning.
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/32413889.html
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:55 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hudman
He/She was on Pitt River Bridge this morning.
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/32413889.html
Yeah, and I was stuck in that mess. Interesting article though, it says the north and south spans were closed. Wonder where they are? The bridge spans go east/west
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:47 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Yeah, and I was stuck in that mess. Interesting article though, it says the north and south spans were closed. Wonder where they are? The bridge spans go east/west
West/East (NW/SE is the truer orientation) is the direction they are oriented (you travel in), one span is to the north of the other, therefore there is a north and a south span.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 23rd 2008 at 3:52 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:47 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

The homemade bombs were made out of pipe, duct tape and some kind of gun powder, he said.

Is there anything you can't use duct tape for?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:50 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
No.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The homemade bombs were made out of pipe, duct tape and some kind of gun powder, he said.

We're not allowed to use duct tape to fix the aircraft - No Transport Canada approved duct tape (yet)!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by The Aviator
We're not allowed to use duct tape to fix the aircraft - No Transport Canada approved duct tape (yet)!
That's not quite true.

I've seen aircraft that have been damaged in a crash and have been ferried to a repair facility fly with huge amounts of duct tape on them. It's referred to as "100 mile an hour tape".
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P
That's not quite true.

I've seen aircraft that have been damaged in a crash and have been ferried to a repair facility fly with huge amounts of duct tape on them. It's referred to as "100 mile an hour tape".
Not had a 330 with duct tape yet, but anything is possible, while we're waiting for the 78 to come.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:11 pm

Not had a 330 with duct tape yet, but anything is possible, while we're waiting for the 78 to come.
You're gonna have to get down from your fancy cockpit once in a while.

I was thinking more like a Twin Otter, Navajo, Cessna 185, you know a real working aircraft.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:12 pm

I was thinking more like a Twin Otter, Navajo, Cessna 185, you know a real working aircraft.
yeah! yeah! yeah!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:22 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I like most aircraft that work. Except the one I was on yesterday (clumsy attendant).
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:12 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

West/East (NW/SE is the truer orientation) is the direction they are oriented (you travel in), one span is to the north of the other, therefore there is a north and a south span.
Not true. The spans are east/west. Definitely. As evidenced today with traffic reports about the accident in the WESTbound lane. Again I was caught in it. Maybe you are confusing it with the Port Mann.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:21 pm

Not true. The spans are east/west. Definitely. As evidenced today with traffic reports about the accident in the WESTbound lane. Again I was caught in it. Maybe you are confusing it with the Port Mann.
You're not understanding what he is saying.

Yes the spans and the traffic run east/west which means the westbound span is north of the eastbound span.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:20 pm

I fly over it on a regular basis and have no doubt about how they are oriented. Believe me if I confused the Port Mann and Pitt bridges it would cause no end of mayhem in the YVR control area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.