Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:34 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by johnh009
Big deal, and the economy in Ontario is going nowhere but South. And, factually, Ontario has one of the highest pedestrian fatality rates in the World. Twice that of France (per capita) and they have they highest in Europe. Pedestrians in Ontario forget that they are soft an squashy.
Sarcasm doesn't become you.
So is most of North America.
Where is the relevant data to support this statement?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:37 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Bull**** indeed, these stats expired in 1997 Rip van Winkle.
No, the stats only go up to 1997. They still show a relevant historical comparison, and I highly doubt any of those countries had a massive increase in annual pedestrian deaths in the following years.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 30th 2009 at 9:38 am.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Sarcasm doesn't become you.
So is most of North America.
Where is the relevant data to support this statement?
Pretty colours. Which statement? I'll bet the World has changed significantly in 12 years. Better to take that Canadian flag out of your arse and face reality.

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 30th 2009 at 3:14 am.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:31 am
Account Closed

Pretty colours. Which statement? I'll bet the World has changed significantly in 12 years. Better to take that Canadian flag out of your arse and face reality.
Your statement which was highlighted in the same colour. Yes, some of the world has changed in 12 years, but you still haven't proved your assertion that Ontario has one of the highest pedestrian fatality rates in the World. Twice that of France (per capita) and they have they highest in Europe

I don't have a Canadian flag stuck anywhere yet, and I am facing reality. Perhaps you'd like to share your personal experience of living in Ontario and how long you've been here.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:44 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I do see butts thrown from cars, pretty much every day, you have to leave early to see that because, if it's not dark, it's not obvious.
Maybe so, but i've honestly never noticed before. I remember going to Toronto for the first time almost 20 years ago. I smoked at the time and i couldn't find somewhere to put my cigarette out! I stood in the street scanning around to find a drain...then this lady pointed to a sand box, i thought i'd get arrested if i chucked it on the street.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Maybe so, but i've honestly never noticed before. I remember going to Toronto for the first time almost 20 years ago. I smoked at the time and i couldn't find somewhere to put my cigarette out! I stood in the street scanning around to find a drain...then this lady pointed to a sand box, i thought i'd get arrested if i chucked it on the street.
I wonder, if they don't smoke, how do the unhyphenated go about choosing cars. I like those in which one can comfortably smoke at sixty mph with the top down.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:47 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder, if they don't smoke, how do the unhyphenated go about choosing cars. I like those in which one can comfortably smoke at sixty mph with the top down.
That solves the mystery of the soft top beetle then.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Winter car, innit. We moved from the city to the back of beyond so I traded the Mustang for a Beetle in order to be able to deal with severe weather.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:59 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Winter car, innit. We moved from the city to the back of beyond so I traded the Mustang for a Beetle in order to be able to deal with severe weather.
They should put that in the sales brochure
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flogger
That is my dream car!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by act1980
That is my dream car!!
No ambition
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:11 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

That is my dream car!!
DBD will give you a ride....
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
No ambition
How rude! I like the simple things in life!! (Set myself up for more criticism no doubt!)

Originally Posted by G77
DBD will give you a ride....
I don't think he like me!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

That is my dream car!!
This is mine: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rHmRYyinWn...R/IMG_1068.JPG
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I can barely see it

Are they cheaper than the UK in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.