Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by little flower
Ok sorry.
But as I said I LOVE IT HERE apart from the crap bacon
Doesn't it shrivel up so small in the pan.

I've seen 'proper' back bacon in one of the Sobeys stores here. Maybe it's a Moncton thing; I bought some here when passing through in 1975.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

little flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't see that. Her post started

"... the GRASS IS NEVER GREENER!!!! we moved here"

I read "here" as meaning where she moved to, somewhere down east, not as meaning "all of Canada".
Thank you you can be my friend... why do people on this forum (some) get more pleasure out of just being bitchy and trying to start slagging matches!!!

I have already stated I am SORRY if people took it all as FACT its OUR experience of living here in Nova Scotia.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:42 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't see that. Her post started

"... the GRASS IS NEVER GREENER!!!! we moved here"

I read "here" as meaning where she moved to, somewhere down east, not as meaning "all of Canada".
We will have to agree to disagree on the semantics there then since I read here as Canada, due to the answer being in reference to a question of whats wrong with Canada.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you you can be my friend... why do people on this forum (some) get more pleasure out of just being bitchy and trying to start slagging matches!!!

I have already stated I am SORRY if people took it all as FACT its OUR experience of living here in Nova Scotia.
Points for your reference

1) Wrong sex (and orientation) to be bitchy (an asshole I will accept)
2) I didnt start the slgging matches on here, nor as stated was my post directed at you specifically
3) If you cant take someone posting 'against' you get the hell off the forum cos it wont to be the first or last time you feel 'personally attacked'
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

2) I didnt start the slgging matches on here, nor as stated was my post directed at you specifically
3) If you cant take someone posting 'against' you get the hell off the forum cos it wont to be the first or last time you feel 'personally attacked'
Bloody hell...
Get back in the knife drawer, Miss Sharp!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

little flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

You win as I have better things to do than take c**p from you I will go.

Good luck to all who want to move to Canada OH Nova Scotia its a wonderful place with really friendly people, who want to make you feel welcome. (thats just my opinion not a fact)
They are far less opinionated than the Uk and take you as you are...

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 11th 2009 at 6:20 pm. Reason: There's no need for that.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=BristolUK;7368569]Doesn't it shrivel up so small in the pan.

Probably cos its so friggin cold

Hey everybody, I would just like to say the weather in Edmonton is improving, it is now to be -12 this afternoon lifting to a positively balmy 0 tomorrow, bikini here I come

PS Point to newbies- NEVER buy plants in the winter, they will die by the time you reach your car!!!:curse:
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:31 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
You make it sound like all the whites came over at the same time on one big boat and that the Native elder you speak of is 250 years old. I find it ironic to that White's (French and English), Natives and Blacks all share the same view. It was almost like we were born here together or something.

lol, sure
Now, replace "White Anglo Saxon protestants and other backward groups" with "Brown East Indian Hindus and other backward groups" and you can see the different reaction. Basically, if I said that about another group you would be crying racism, you are in fact making a great example of the problem that exists.

Hmm, I think you meant to say economic expansion through population expansion. The country can survive without immigration, Japan and Austria are 2 examples of fine countries with declining populations or stagnant ones. But I am not against immigration, I am against multiculturalism. You are playing the role of lead idiot with comments like the one highlighted above. Same with Jmmie Martindale.
You really are from a galaxy far far away.

Beam me up scottie!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:35 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pammy;7369063]
Originally Posted by BristolUK
Doesn't it shrivel up so small in the pan.

Probably cos its so friggin cold

Hey everybody, I would just like to say the weather in Edmonton is improving, it is now to be -12 this afternoon lifting to a positively balmy 0 tomorrow, bikini here I come

PS Point to newbies- NEVER buy plants in the winter, they will die by the time you reach your car!!!:curse:
Remember to put on some sunblock!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=James Martindale;7369078]
Originally Posted by Pammy
Remember to put on some sunblock!
Believe it or not my hubby and I have been using sun cream all winter instead of throwing it out, we are tight Scottish people

They are saying +1 now, I am positively peeing my pants
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Pammy;7372017]
Originally Posted by James Martindale

Believe it or not my hubby and I have been using sun cream all winter instead of throwing it out, we are tight Scottish people

They are saying +1 now, I am positively peeing my pants
Then please remember to wash your hands before applying the sun block...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Emma D is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only spent a year in Canada but here are a few annoyances for me, in no particular order.

1. TV is crap compared to the UK (but it's easy find something else to do other than watch TV).

2. Having to tip Bar people for pulling a pint! It's your job! The landlords should pay a proper wages so they didn't rely on their tips. One bar lady from Montreal threw ice at someone because they didn't tip enough when I was there!

3. The bacon is horrible, it's all streaky stuff with no actual meat just fat.

4. The way the Canadians insist on saying "You're welcome" after each "thank you." But us Brits say Thank you far too much! It's not really an annoyance it's quite funny actually.

5. Canadians are lovely lovely people but they don't understand banter. I missed the British humour when I was there.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Oh yeah I nearly forgot.

5. Not being able to drink in public. However, I think this is probably one of the reasons why Canada is a safe place. It works so they should keep it that way. Just have to get used to it. It was a bit weird watching the Vacouver fireworks, new years eve in toronto and watching the St Paddies day parade in Montreal with out having a drink in my hand.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Sorry that last one should have been number 6.
God thats a lot of annoyances! Do I really want to move?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Ok sorry.
But as I said I LOVE IT HERE apart from the crap bacon
For "us" (our experience) sadly we will be better off back in the Uk and we are ok here my Hubby is ex RAF so he has a pension as well but for the bigger picture in our future the Uk is the better option, I would love to try another part of canada "but" we have a daughter at school who i dont want to mess about to much, and while the Uk housing market is such a mess (sorry people who are trying to sell) we could get a good deal so get back on the ladder near were we got off, a house would cost us around 50 thousand less so the money we used to move and set up here get back ect will be OK.
I really think Canada is a lovely place and will VISIT often but for us the Uk wins and I cannot believe I have said that!!!!!
Look around there are local butcher shops who dry smoke their own pork bellies into bacon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.