Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:42 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

Goes to link......sees this......."The Blackfoot tribe legend known as He Who Was Found Trampled With Moose Milk Spilt On His Chest "

Least I hope it was milk for his poor sake

Rich
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:53 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

hmmmmmm

so this should only be done by professionals. Now I know of a substance I should try but need to find a local moose milking professional.

Perhaps I could try this moose milk for xmas in place of the good old "gold top" milk.

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:04 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
I was watching Corner Gas the other day and it got me thinking?

If i had to go back home what shows couldnt I live without that we dont get in the UK?

Corner Gas is one for me love that show
and Saturday Night Live
Every body loves Raymond

what would everyone else say?
I miss the documentary shows like Rough Cuts and The Passionate Eye, APTN and those wacky evangelical religious shows from the US - a personal fav being the "Hour of Power" .
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sysclp
They have those live here sometimes at the CNE or the Chin Pic Nic. It is even more impressive in person when they are only a few feet from you. :scared:
I have to agree. I've seen a few lumberjack competitions (they're everywhere in BC, hard to avoid really!) and they really are amazing to see in person. And there's the wonderful smell of all that freshly sawn wood wafting in the air. Great stuff... at least once in your lifetime.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:38 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Two shows...

Rick Mercer Report.
Holmes on Holmes (required watching to learn about Canadian home construction.)

The rest of it is mainly 'merican and frankly I could do without or could get anyway (e.g. Simpsons). Oh, I 'spose 'Mythbusters' on Discovery is worth watching.

For totally crap, amateurish local tv you need the experience that is 'NTV' (www.ntv.ca) and the local Rogers cable show 'Out of the Fog'.
Oh yes and we have the delight of a British radio 'personality' by the name of "Toby da Brit' that has to be experienced once in your life. (And preferably only once!)

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Nov 29th 2005 at 11:41 am.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:43 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

So, you and I are in agreement about Mike and Mercer.

I've met Mike

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Two shows...

Rick Mercer Report.
Holmes on Holmes (required watching to learn about Canadian home construction.)

The rest of it is mainly 'merican and frankly I could do without or could get anyway (e.g. Simpsons). Oh, I 'spose 'Mythbusters' on Discovery is worth watching.

For totally crap, amateurish local tv you need the experience that is 'NTV' (www.ntv.ca) and the local Rogers cable show 'Out of the Fog'.
Oh yes and we have the delight of a British radio 'personality' by the name of "Toby da Brit' that has to be experienced once in your life. (And preferably only once!)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

The L Word, Weeds and Hockey Night In Canada.

Trailer Park Boys has some funny lines and it's interesting to learn how people live in Nova Scotia
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:59 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting back to moose milk....

There is no set recipe but you're essentially looking at a highly potent milkshake or egg nog. It's very big in the Canadian military (according to my missus, the navy's versions are the best).

Here is a typical list of ingredients (navy).

1 large bottle strong dark rum
1 bottle Kahlua
1 bottle Baileys
4 litres of vanilla ice cream
1 litre of milk (or egg nog)

Adjust the recipe as you need. The key is the rum and ice cream. All else is negotiable. If you add white rum or vodka or anything else you will make it stonger, but spoil the taste. The kahlua and baileys just makes it smoother.

He's an air force version.

12 egg yolks
40oz Canadian whisky
40oz dark rum
50z Kahlua
10oz maple syrup
40oz milk
40oz whipping cream
1 cup sugar

Moose milk parties sometimes get a bit out of control.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
Hockey Night In Canada
:scared: OMG! I can't believe I forgot to list that!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:03 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

Corner Gas is the only one for me. I have the DVD's of seasons 1 and 2, so I could take them with me! I watch them over and over again, but I'm not as sad as you may think because I actually watch very little TV. The constant interruptions from commercials drives me so crazy that I just can't watch anything much in peace.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:36 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

No - the clear winner in our household is Iron Chef (the Japanese version, although the North Am one is okish).

Wonderfully camp and cheesy, but the cook off is dead serious

Clare