Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

what steps do i need to take

what steps do i need to take

Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

badge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what steps do i need to take

Hi there i am 22 years old i am a fully qualifed bricklayer i have been in the trade for 5 years and i would like to move to canada to live and work but i am not sure what steps to take and what sort of area in canada should i go to i also have my class 1 hgv leicence could some one help me please thank you
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:16 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Re: what steps do i need to take

Try looking at www.bunac.org.uk - for a one year visa and www.cic.gc.ca for immigration information.

I think the trades are very much in demand so you might be able to get a work permit and get there fairly quickly. I'm sure there are some people on here who will be able to tell you more about this.

If you get a Bunac visa you can go for a year and try some different areas and hopefully get someone to sponsor you for a permit. What are your reasons for going, what are you hobbies and what sort of places do you like living in?

Hayley
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by badge
Hi there i am 22 years old i am a fully qualifed bricklayer i have been in the trade for 5 years and i would like to move to canada to live and work but i am not sure what steps to take and what sort of area in canada should i go to i also have my class 1 hgv leicence could some one help me please thank you

What area was you looking to go to? If British Columbia suits you could try going for PNP. We will be going over in sept on PNP and husband is a bricklayer. You would need a qualification certificate i believe.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

badge is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hayley thanks for the reply i like snowboarding as a hobby i look forward to it every year i would like to live in the country not to far away from a town canada is such a big place i want to go for a holiday in january to have a look and see about getting a job sorted but just not sure what area thanks Dan