What to do???

Old Oct 7th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do???

i have read that you have to have meet the following..... sorry not paying attention.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
ive just looked at the pnp for NS and SK website are both saying you need a full time permanent job offer to apply? unless im looking in the wrong place???
NS - Regional Labour Market Demand | Nova Scotia Office of Immigration As mentioned above, this has now filled for the year, but nurses were on the list and no job offer was required, so you can keep an eye it for when it opens again.

And SK - Again, the quota has been met for those without job offers, but you could apply when it reopens. Saskatchewan Immigration - International Skilled Worker Category

And just in case, here's MB as well (ditto, you've missed the boat for 2014 but could look at it in 2015) which you should qualify for without a job offer - Manitoba Invitation | Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada

HTH.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ive looked at the CIC website and it states the processing time is 33 months??
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ive looked at the CIC website and it states the processing time is 33 months??
Yes, that's correct.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Does that mean we would have to wait 33 months before we could move??
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Does that mean we would have to wait 33 months before we could move??
Please re-read my post no. 27 above.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Or, with a PNP app, you'd get a TWP at first stage approval anyway (both of you), so that would only be about 3 months after applying in most provinces. That way you'd have a route to PR before moving, and be able to go sooner too. But that depends on the province you want to move to and if they have a stream suitable for you under their PNP.
HTH.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry it just doesnt seem clear. If we got nominated then we would get twp and could move over with pr in process? Could that decision change about pr once weve applied?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry it just doesnt seem clear. If we got nominated then we would get twp and could move over with pr in process?
Yes.

Could that decision change about pr once weve applied?
Yes, just the same as if you'd gone over on a TWP with your OH's job, PR wouldn't be guaranteed. You never know if you're going to fail a medical, or get refused for some other reason.

Of course, you wouldn't *have* to move on the TWP once you've been nominated - if you wanted to stay in the UK and wait until you've got PR before moving, then that would be up to you.

The bottom line is that you can either have PR before moving but a long wait, or a much shorter wait but no guarantee of PR, but not both. You need to decide which is more important to you.

HTH.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. One of my worries is that when i spoke to someone at alberta health they said wasnt classed as a job in demand such as nurses are. So do we go through the process to be told the same?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. One of my worries is that when i spoke to someone at alberta health they said wasnt classed as a job in demand such as nurses are. So do we go through the process to be told the same?
I think you're confusing your visa routes. Please re-read all of the info you've been given, and have another read of the Wiki.

I have said above, that AB is not an option for you via the PNP, as you'd need a job offer, but I've also pointed you in the direction of the FSW program and other PNPs. I don't know why you'd worry about what somebody at AB Health said in relation to a Federal visa such as the FSW program, where nurses are on a small list of eligible occupations. Whatever she said would have no bearing on your PR app. It may not be classed as a job in demand in AB, but as its on 'the list' for both the FSW prog and the NS PNP, it clearly is elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how else to explain it all to you to make it clearer. All I can suggest is that you re-read the CIC website and Wiki to understand the 50+ visa routes.

Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Christmasoompa, you have been of great help, sorry to have not grasped it straight away. Appreciate your help.