Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Travel and I94

Travel and I94

Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:14 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel and I94

Traveling from Niagara to Buffalo as a PR on a UK passport is it still the same wait 30mins pay $6US get green cardboard i94 stapled to passport? Or is it changed now ?

Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel and I94

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Traveling from Niagara to Buffalo as a PR on a UK passport is it still the same wait 30mins pay $6US get green cardboard i94 stapled to passport? Or is it changed now ?

Thanks
Still the same not sure about the wait time it might be now 28 minutes If you have a valid ESTA they can use that to retrieve your details but you still pay the $6 unless you get a CBP officer who doesn't give a toss.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 2:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Still the same not sure about the wait time it might be now 28 minutes If you have a valid ESTA they can use that to retrieve your details but you still pay the $6 unless you get a CBP officer who doesn't give a toss.
Ok thanks FL long time since we travelled US and just wanted to make sure.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

itsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond repute

We are still Temp. foreign workers. We asked the border guard two weeks ago at Sarnia if it would be easier when we were Permanent Residents. It makes no difference to the US border control until you are Canadian citizens. You still need to get your I- 94 visa waiver.

Just remember to hand it back when you re-enter Canada if you are not planning on another trip to the USA within 3 months. We have been told off twice for not getting the I-94 form back to the USA. Thankfully we live near Sarnia so if we only have a week left on the I-94 we just nip over the border and get a meal then head back over the bridge and give in to the Canadian border guards, who could not give a damn about it because it is nothing to do with them.