Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is the Cheapest time of year to return to Blighty?

What is the Cheapest time of year to return to Blighty?

Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default What is the Cheapest time of year to return to Blighty?

hi Guys,

Well I've been in canada 3 years now and i think its about time i planned a trip back to england but of course i would like to keep price to a min if possible, my question what is cheapest time to visit blighty? i was thinking anytime up May, hoping for a flight around $500 any help is most appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is the Cheapest time of year to return to Blighty?

Originally Posted by celine_uk
hi Guys,

Well I've been in canada 3 years now and i think its about time i planned a trip back to england but of course i would like to keep price to a min if possible, my question what is cheapest time to visit blighty? i was thinking anytime up May, hoping for a flight around $500 any help is most appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Just missed it I think....Usually October / November....Try the usual bunch for bargains.... www.canadianaffair.com....Zoom...Air Canada...Air Transat....But most other times of the year will probably be around GBP 500....Generally speaking if you think to yourself when is the least likely time of year to go anywhere then it'll be cheap.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Just missed it I think....Usually October / November....Try the usual bunch for bargains.... www.canadianaffair.com....Zoom...Air Canada...Air Transat....But most other times of the year will probably be around GBP 500....Generally speaking if you think to yourself when is the least likely time of year to go anywhere then it'll be cheap.

Oct, nov, start of december cut or xmas completly, and then start again with jan, feb, march and part of april. im constantly looking for flights cheap and at those times of the year you can get them for around $500 rtn. well thats from Toronto, not sure where your flying from.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

All is not lost. February is the cheapest to fly to and back from the UK.
January is when Xmas visitors fly home in either direction.
March is when Easter visitors fly in, in either direction.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you going from/to, OP? I'd have thought that since many of the routes are Summer only (May-Oct) you'd be more able to shop for a better deal then...
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:32 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

If I were you I wouldnt bother coming back. England has gone downhill fast.....The crime rate has gone up. Everything is so expensive and the people seem to barge past and have no manners these days ( I sould like my Grandmother and im only 35) . I cant wait to leave and start a new life in Canada
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
If I were you I wouldnt bother coming back. England has gone downhill fast.....The crime rate has gone up. Everything is so expensive and the people seem to barge past and have no manners these days ( I sould like my Grandmother and im only 35) . I cant wait to leave and start a new life in Canada
Oh dear. You three will be disappointed. The dog probably won't notice a difference though
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

probably all the reasons why most of us leave the UK......Family,friends, a good curry, country roads, and all the nice things you can remember about the UK....Might make your dream a nightmare.

Anyway we love it here, and hope that none of the above drag us back to the UK.

Good luck with your application guys.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I went back last december and couldnt wait to leave, it was then that i decided that you would have to take me back to england in a coffin cos i was never ever ever moving back there alive! LOL.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:44 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, Well I love to visit the UK, but am always happy to return back to Canada. Its a shame your last memories of the place are Heathrow!!

Back on topic, From here at least its cheapo to fly pretty much anytime from Nov through to end March, excepting Christmas. It pays to keep a close eye on the air canada website to get the good deal. Cant speak for other airlines.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Where are you going from/to, OP? I'd have thought that since many of the routes are Summer only (May-Oct) you'd be more able to shop for a better deal then...
Thanks for help guys, yea I'll be leaving from Toronto and flying to any of the London airports..... Feb would be perfect really I have 2 weeks vacation to use up by the end of April so I need to make my mind up soon

I don't understand why people still in the UK hate their own country so much?

Believe me if you think moving to Canada is going solve all of your problems then think again!
Canada has its own set of problems, don't get me wrong I like living in Canada but I also liked living in England, no where is perfect

I moved here on a holiday working visa when I was 19 and I thought hmmmm everything is Canada is so great compared to England, and now to be honest I've realized its all the same ! Just a hot hotter in summer and lot lot lot lot COLDER in winter