Wendy's

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:26 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wendy's

Originally Posted by kirstya

the best was harveys .. apparently used to be all over the place now only found in home depot it seems ..
The Harvey's here is standalone..... The Home Depot has a Subway in it....
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rwin
Yes, more like Taco Hell.
Lol
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iaink
Hmmm, A&W chubby chicken...you've got me drooling now, and I already ate my heathy tuna sarnies
We call them A&W Flipflops - Chicken is nasty but burgers are better than the square squishy (what's that about??) ones from Wendy's...
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:12 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

taco bell-refried? is it not bad enough the first time around.
mcd. dripping in fat and gerkins, does anyone eat those things.
KFC. the worst over here, i don't know how many times they cook that chicken, but it could be anything.
wendys, another lard laden extravaganza with huge pieces of lettuce just slapped on for effect.
burger king, the worst onion rings ever, tiny frozen rubbish.
harveys, nice selection of add ons, but the burger is the worst chicken head, pork foot combination of awfulness ever.

a+w hands down. actually tastes like beef, and the onion rings are fresh, and actually are pieces of onion.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:05 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Never heard of them? I take it their good
Its a landmark place on the north shore in Vancouver. Their Yukon breakfast is superb. They use back bacon not streaky from a local farm. The Groover from Vancouver used to bus the tables there when he was a kid. Harveys is also supposed to be good.

Cant beat your own burgers i say. So easy to make with a bit of garlic, thyme and Worcester sauce.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

$3 Uncle burger
http://www.uncleburger.ca/coupon/W09...Day_Coupon.pdf
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:11 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Having just enjoyed a combo no8 for lunch (chicken fingers) with fries and legendary spicy buffalo sauce wendys is good but A&W does a slightly better burger and way better fries, wendys fries Im afraid suck but with the buffalo sauce u can put up with em!

still prefer super burger in shelburne 89/10 or BBQ ur own presidents choice sirloin burgers even better!

And Webers on hwy 11 (ontario cottage tradition) burgers arent bad either
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

OMGWTF....Wendy's makes the most horrible grease-laden slop ever devised!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
still prefer super burger in shelburne 89/10 or BBQ ur own presidents choice sirloin burgers even better!
You tourist! The locals all go to Champs burger, which is 100 yards away from SuperBurger. Better burger, better fries, and they sell beer.

The chain that mystifies me is Lick's. There's huge demand for their product but, apart from the singing staff, it just seems ordinary to me.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:22 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
You tourist! The locals all go to Champs burger, which is 100 yards away from SuperBurger. Better burger, better fries, and they sell beer.

The chain that mystifies me is Lick's. There's huge demand for their product but, apart from the singing staff, it just seems ordinary to me.
tourist smourist!!! champs is very good too but I think super burger has the edge!! followed by desert at the stanton olde fashioned fudge store down the road!!

the only good thing about licks is they were open late when I lived in bronte and left the coach and 4!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:51 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

um - not been in any of them - sorry!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

We've tried A&W twice, and won't be visiting again except in extremes. The service was appalling and the food was very meh. We'd usually go to Burger King (good burgers, terrible chips), but now are most likely to go to Wendys (no BK in Kamloops). I really like their chili salad.

However my husband has discovered how to make burgers, and they are head and shoulder better than anything fast. I quite like KFC here, all the weird little side dishes that change from place to place. But chicken seems much more expensive, it costs us $30+ when something similar in the UK would have been $10. I resent paying $30+ for fast food, which by definition is a bit crap.

My husband loves Harveys milkshakes, so perhaps it's lucky there aren't any of those here either.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for A & W here. The couple of times I've had DQ's burgers I've been impressed too.

Wendy's burgers have hardly any flavour and look exactly like the pic someone posted earlier. Had a Baconator once and it wasn't actually that bad taste wise, but I feared for my heart after a couple of bites. 6 strips of bacon?!? I'm sure that 2 alone have 100% of a man's RDA of fat and as for the sodium content...

Harvey's burgers always taste of what I would expect dog-food burgers to taste like.

I used to quite like McDonald's but a nasty experience a few weeks ago which saw me glued to the toilet seat for three days after a visit there has stopped me going.

As a result I'm off pretty much all fast-food at the moment.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:22 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Is Champs a chain? I'm sure I've seen one here - looked slightly scruffy, but the car park was packed.... if they sell beer, that would explain it...
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Is Champs a chain? I'm sure I've seen one here - looked slightly scruffy, but the car park was packed.... if they sell beer, that would explain it...
I don't think it's a chain, just not a very original name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.