Well..Hi!

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Marc88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well..Hi!

Hey everyone, well my names Marc i'm living in Scotland just now and for the last 8 years i have wanted to move abroad. Although it hasn't been until now i'm at an age to do so, i'm 19 so young and ready to see the world!

For years and years i've wanted to move over to Canada, i've been over and my whole experience was great, and i loved the people. I stayed with a few familys aswell so it was great.

It's come the time to start really looking into this, and planning it, as it's something i want to do a lot. I'm saving money up for it too, but my main concern is i don't think i'm going be able to do it! As I've not long finished school etc, so i don't have any trade. So i can see this meaning i won't get anywhere near it until i have a trade? If i could get any sort of job that would get me into the country and get my feet on the door i would do it!

Not sure if it's allowed, but some information and tips would be great, but if not will remove.
Thanks!

Last edited by Marc88; Jul 2nd 2007 at 1:21 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well..Hi!

Originally Posted by Marc88
Hey everyone, well my names Marc i'm living in Scotland just now and for the last 8 years i have wanted to move abroad. Although it hasn't been until now i'm at an age to do so, i'm 19 so young and ready to see the world!

For years and years i've wanted to move over to Canada, i've been over and my whole experience was great, and i loved the people. I stayed with a few familys aswell so it was great.

It's come the time to start really looking into this, and planning it, as it's something i want to do a lot. I'm saving money up for it too, but my main concern is i don't think i'm going be able to do it! As I've not long finished school etc, so i don't have any trade. So i can see this meaning i won't get anywhere near it until i have a trade? If i could get any sort of job that would get me into the country and get my feet on the door i would do it!

Not sure if it's allowed, but some information and tips would be great, but if not will remove.
Thanks!
If you want to see the world why dont you do the "gap year" thing. Sorry to sound like someones mother (its just cos I am), but you are still young to make a decision about emmigration without your family, and I am not sure how you woud get it anyway except to study abroad and that would cost you.

There are lost of companies who organise gap years and it would give you a feel for what life is like outside this country. If you save plenty of cash first you could combine working abroad some travelling and spend time in Canada on an extended holiday.

You could then make a decision in a couple of years time with all that experience under your belt and probably some contacts for employment too.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Marc88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know i'm young, but for years and years i've wanted to do it. But yes, i did plan to do it for a year then take it from there. But i'm definately going to move over to live, in all honesty i'm not bothered doing it alone, and leaving my family behind. I've travelled to many places and been away alone, and it's something i want to do.

I do understand where you're coming from and i am probably too young to actually move over permantley, but i do want to and will do it when i can. Will work to get to where i need to be to do so, but i had thought about going for a year and working and travelling about.

But for so long i've wanted it, and i hate it here, it's getting worse. If i could leave now and do it i would!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:34 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marc88
I know i'm young, but for years and years i've wanted to do it. But yes, i did plan to do it for a year then take it from there. But i'm definately going to move over to live, in all honesty i'm not bothered doing it alone, and leaving my family behind. I've travelled to many places and been away alone, and it's something i want to do.

I do understand where you're coming from and i am probably too young to actually move over permantley, but i do want to and will do it when i can. Will work to get to where i need to be to do so, but i had thought about going for a year and working and travelling about.

But for so long i've wanted it, and i hate it here, it's getting worse. If i could leave now and do it i would!
Sounds like you adamant to make some changes in your life, nothing wrong with that, just keep yourself safe, take out adequate insurance and be clear on what you goal is and make it acheivable so you don's set yourself up to fail. ( management speil over with)

Take Care
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:37 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

well what ever you do GOOD LUCK I wish you well