Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Web developer looking for job opportunities in Toronto/Calgary or Vancouver

Web developer looking for job opportunities in Toronto/Calgary or Vancouver

Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:35 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developer looking for job opportunities in Toronto/Calgary or Vancouver

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Also on a crm note. Maximiser is completely rubbish and I wouldn't go near it if I needed a job so much I was about to starve. Ho hum
Our marketing lady loves it. The rest of us hate it with a passion.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:45 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web developer looking for job opportunities in Toronto/Calgary or Vancouver

Originally Posted by theycallmeuma
Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum yesterday, and recently went to the Expo. Most of the information at these events tends to be geared towards medical, construction, tradesmen...and I can't seem to get on the right path for information towards IT (specifically web development).

Waiting for 3-4 years for the skilled workers visa is an option, but like most I'd like to go through the PNP route.

If anyone has any tips on resources to look at, agencies to contact, or just general advice for someone looking for web related work in Canada, then I would be really grateful.

Cheers
Pity you don't want Kamloops we have a vacancy for a web developer in our company - maybe research Kamloops and PM me if interested - do you have any PHP skills?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by ann101
Pity you don't want Kamloops we have a vacancy for a web developer in our company - maybe research Kamloops and PM me if interested - do you have any PHP skills?
Also forgot to mention there are 3 web companies here in Kamloops - people perceive this as cowboy backward country but you'd be surprised at the amount of IT here - it has real growth in the IT sector mainly because the Economic Developement Board decided to diversify and develop other industries and to do something because of the pine beetle devastating the logging industry here - my OH is on that board and has helped this city develop its IT structure which has grown significantly over the last 5 years and particular rapid growth the last 3 years
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

theycallmeuma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann101
I'm more front end with javascript/ajax/xsl and so on. Haven't even thought of Kamloops (maybe because I hadn't heard of it ). To be honest I'm more geared towards city life...hence the locations specified...are these locations just saturated now? I went to a recent fair and was told BC were seeking people with experience in new media...was I told a lie?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by theycallmeuma
I'm more front end with javascript/ajax/xsl and so on. Haven't even thought of Kamloops (maybe because I hadn't heard of it ). To be honest I'm more geared towards city life...hence the locations specified...are these locations just saturated now? I went to a recent fair and was told BC were seeking people with experience in new media...was I told a lie?
http://www.kamloops.ca/index.shtml
http://www.kamloops.ca/media/placeinthesun.shtml
take a look at this as well
http://www.venturekamloops.com/