Reload this Page >

Web developer jobs in Toronto and how to get them

Web developer jobs in Toronto and how to get them

Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

kyleahouston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web developer jobs in Toronto and how to get them

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has made the move over to Toronto from the UK to pursue a career in the web/digital industry? I'm hoping to make a move but was wondering what things are like over there, I'm currently working for a well established studio as a front end web developer having worked on projects for companies like Google, Red Bull and Coca Cola etc with about 5 years experience now.

Just want to know how people got their jobs, did you apply to companies before and secure a job or did you wait until you where over in Canada? Also who are some of the big digital studios in Toronto or in Canada for that matter etc?

Any info would be great!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developer jobs in Toronto and how to get them

Try these guys:

http://www.myplanetdigital.com/

Amazing place to work and pay well.

There is a lot of Developer work in this city.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developer jobs in Toronto and how to get them

Did you look at www.monster.ca?

My wife got a job first as a nurse and I moved with her. Ahead of time I got in touch with a recruitment agency. They set me up with an interview for the day after I arrived and I got the job. Took a couple of weeks to get a work permit sorted (naively I thought that would follow easily after the job offer!).

I've since learned that it's actually better to do the research and find as the employers yourself. That way the employer doesn't have to pay a fee to the recruitment agency. I once lost a job offer in Vancouver after the employer and recruitment agency got into a dispute about fees. Once you've found as many employers as you can yourself, you can always ask a recruitment agency to find others that you don't know about. However, never ask a recruitment agency to approach an employer you already know about - do that yourself.

Last edited by MarylandNed; Jan 15th 2014 at 1:00 pm.