IEC closed?

Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

RJD86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC closed?

Hi All,

I am in the process of moving to Canada with my Wife who is a candian citizen living with me in the UK.

As of now our plan has been for me to travel to canada for a year on the IEC whilst applying for a spouse visa. Doing it this way seemed easier for us.

I have just logged in to start my application and been told the window for UK is currently closed.

Does anyone know of when this will be re-opening?

On a side note we are looking at Toronto, so if anyone has some information regarding renting and jon hunting in this area that would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC closed!!

It's not closed for this year yet, it's just that two out of three rounds have already been and gone - you just need to keep an eye on the website to see when the you can apply in the last round. And check it constantly, because the last two rounds filled in minutes! Unfortunately, you've left it a bit late and may not be able to get a visa for this year's program, but fingers crossed for you.

As an aside, I'll leave this thread as you're also asking about rentals/jobs, but there's an IEC thread in the immi section and any other IEC related questions are better off asked in there.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 14th 2014 at 10:16 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

RJD86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick response - i was hoping i could try a way around checking daily but i guess not...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJD86
Thanks for the quick response - i was hoping i could try a way around checking daily but i guess not...
Daily?! Even hourly and you may miss out. Just to reiterate, in the last round the visas went in minutes (7 minutes I believe).

They may announce it in advance on the website, or it may just open for applications, so do keep checking.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:32 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

you should check minute-ly
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

second-ly
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:55 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Just select "ring back", sit back and wait

Good Luck
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Follow @CitImmCanada for announcements, using #IECUK for British rounds. They tweet a day before applications open. Round 2 was announced as follows:

CIC‏@CitImmCanada16 Dec
Young people in the UK, get ready: #IECUK #WorkingHoliday Round 2 is opening on December 17, 3pm, #London time. http://ow.ly/rKgtq

nb: It looks like they only started doing this recently, and they may stop doing so just as abruptly. @CanadianUK, which is the Canadian Embassy in Britain also tweets about IEC.

Last edited by danfolkestone; Jan 15th 2014 at 7:07 pm. Reason: more info
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
Follow @CitImmCanada for announcements, using #IECUK for British rounds. They tweet a day before applications open.
Not always though, they've just opened them in the past with no warning whatsoever, so it's best to keep an eye on the website just in case.

And hmppph. 'Young people'?!? Don't us over 30's count as young anymore? On second thoughts, don't answer that…………..