Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

weather in canada

weather in canada

Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default weather in canada

Hi all
We are now 99% certain canada will be our first ever big life changing move!!
Wife is hopefully going to email relevant hospitals to see if her childrens nursing qualifications will be relevant over in can and what hospitals are after said people(still sourcing who to email)

But would like people idea and help on climates and weather in canada please!

We dont expect sun sun sun,cos we would have to go to aus for that(wife wanted to go there 1st off) but would like nice summers
I dont mind seasons at all but want nice summers,unlike uk!
Dont want to be bang in a city or bang in the country either!!
We would like outdoor life style(i love riding motorbikes) but we also love to shop/eat nice restuarants etc etc
Thanks for all your help
jase
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bainesy36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: weather in canada

Hi there,

For nursing jobs you need to go onto www.nurses.ab.ca their equlivent to NMC (she will know what i mean). Download all the info, application forms and job info etc from there.

Good Luck.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi bainsey
Thanks alot for the linky!!
Ill pass it on to her.
Is that the only or the main place any qualified nurse has to contact to get into canada?
cheers again
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Is that the only or the main place any qualified nurse has to contact to get into canada?
Nope. Nursing is administered at the provinical level so potentially you have to contact a nursing body in each province and territory.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

So without sounding lazy
Who would we contact to see about work/visa etc etc for
Toronto and calgary?
Finding info out about weather,houses,schooling of said places as we speak!

we are finding great info on this site,its awesome indeed!!!

Any more info on weather,or even pm your experiences from a ukers view to moving to said places would be ace

Cheers again
jase
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

So without sounding lazy
Who would we contact to see about work/visa etc etc for
Toronto and calgary?
Finding info out about weather,houses,schooling of said places as we speak!

we are finding great info on this site,its awesome indeed!!!

Any more info on weather,or even pm your experiences from a ukers view to moving to said places would be ace

Cheers again
jase
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nursing-Canada
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by 'nice summer', how hot do you want it? When I was in Ontario for summer it was very hot and humid, and I gather it's the same in other areas i.e. Montreal has very, very hot/humid summers. I'm not a fan of hot weather but if you like it then that may suit.

Also, if you were considering Oz and Spain because you like hot weather then are you sure that Canada is going to suit you? Can you cope with months and months of hard winter every year (in most provinces anyway)? Just a thought if you're a fan of warm weather!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 29th 2008 at 4:41 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Caimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
Nope. Nursing is administered at the provinical level so potentially you have to contact a nursing body in each province and territory.
Gosh, so you can be helpful!

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I would like to ask your views on counselling in Canada sometime in the future.

Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caimas
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I would like to ask your views on counselling in Canada sometime in the future.
Expensive and rather an indulgence, I'd say. A peculiarly American affectation.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What do you mean by 'nice summer', how hot do you want it? When I was in Ontario for summer it was very hot and humid, and I gather it's the same in other areas i.e. Montreal has very, very hot/humid summers. I'm not a fan of hot weather but if you like it then that may suit.

Also, if you were considering Oz and Spain because you like hot weather then are you sure that Canada is going to suit you? Can you cope with months and months of hard winter every year (in most provinces anyway)? Just a thought if you're a fan of warm weather!

Just a better summer then the uk will surfice
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

we had endless days of 100 plus in July and August NS is the warmest province and very short of nurses
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:19 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
We are now 99% certain canada will be our first ever big life changing move!!
Wife is hopefully going to email relevant hospitals to see if her childrens nursing qualifications will be relevant over in can and what hospitals are after said people(still sourcing who to email)

But would like people idea and help on climates and weather in canada please!

We dont expect sun sun sun,cos we would have to go to aus for that(wife wanted to go there 1st off) but would like nice summers
I dont mind seasons at all but want nice summers,unlike uk!
Dont want to be bang in a city or bang in the country either!!
We would like outdoor life style(i love riding motorbikes) but we also love to shop/eat nice restuarants etc etc
Thanks for all your help
jase
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/
Hello.
Here's a link to the Weather Network. If you go onto the 'Weather' link and then 'Statistics', you will find all the information you need for any part of Canada...and more.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Caimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
Expensive and rather an indulgence, I'd say. A peculiarly American affectation.

Have you tried it?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chumley
we had endless days of 100 plus in July and August NS is the warmest province and very short of nurses
Wheres this again chumley?
And any more info or links on the nursing front there?

Thanks again fro the link to the weather forecasts
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Caimas
Have you tried it?
No, just paid for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.