Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

We are here....at last!!!

We are here....at last!!!

Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are here....at last!!!

Good for you ..... You may have some tuff times ahead of you (hopefully you wou wont suffer) - Stick with it, it's deffinately worth it.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Red face Re: We are here....at last!!!

Originally Posted by J-A-UK
Good for you ..... You may have some tuff times ahead of you (hopefully you wou wont suffer) - Stick with it, it's deffinately worth it.
lucily for us we have my uncle and his family in Puslinch who've been over in Canada 20 years this year! He wouldn't come back to uk even if got paid millions! Hubster and I are looking to eventually buy a hobby farm so that I can have more horses! its gonna be tough but you've got to think to the reasons why you wanted to leave in first place!!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moley39
Congratulations! Hubby and I are landing at Pearson 11th July, so hoping that it will be as quick as yours! We are moving to Cambridge, not far from Waterloo. We are coming back to the UK, after 2 weeks as hubby's bonus is in November, and moving perm as from 5th April 2010.

Good luck with everything!
Keep us up to with your move and if you need and info and we can get together once you arrive! Best of luck!

Michelle
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:47 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

are you in Canada or still waiting? Took 2.5 years! Def worth the wait as it gets away from expenses, Gordon brown and all the crime wave hitting our streets!!!!

Yes we are here, arrived a month ago. I see you are from Larkfield - small world!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
The Hollis family are now officially permanent residents of Canada as of 5pm yesterday !!! We cleared immigration and customs in just 20 mins at Pearson in Toronto!!

Thank you to everyone for all your support over the past few months!

Michelle x
Fantastic news Michelle all back together how lovely
Wish you the best in your new life,

sue x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

The Hollis family are now officially permanent residents of Canada as of 5pm yesterday !!! We cleared immigration and customs in just 20 mins at Pearson in Toronto!!

Thank you to everyone for all your support over the past few months!

Michelle x
Congratulations Hollis family!!

I got here just over 2 weeks ago, now I tell myself the real work begins...adjusting to the differences, finding work etc...

But like you Im here now, its a nice feeling to know you have made the first BIG leap. So with a good dose of focused determination and an open mind wel'l get there!! Home is just familiarity.

Hey I notice your just up the road in Waterloo? Haven't visited Waterloo yet.

All the best

Paul
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Congratulations Hollis family!!

I got here just over 2 weeks ago, now I tell myself the real work begins...adjusting to the differences, finding work etc...

But like you Im here now, its a nice feeling to know you have made the first BIG leap. So with a good dose of focused determination and an open mind wel'l get there!! Home is just familiarity.

Hey I notice your just up the road in Waterloo? Haven't visited Waterloo yet.

All the best

Paul

I visited for the first time on Tuesday !! My OH has a job at RIM so Waterloo is an ideal location for us, we move into a rental next week and hope to buy something in the next few weeks. I've been to Cambridge a few times, initially we were going to move there until Kevin got the job at RIM its a nice city.

Best of luck - let us know how you get on!

Michelle
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes! Anyone moving to the area please feel free to PM me with any questions and I will help where I can!

Michelle
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Red face Re: We are here....at last!!!

Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes! Anyone moving to the area please feel free to PM me with any questions and I will help where I can!

Michelle
hi Michelle. Would love to meet up when over. Arrive july for 2 weeks but move perm as from 5th April next year! I so can't wait!!! Its awful when you can't tell work for a while yet which is just so hard. Still looking forward to next year! If you hear about any Credit Control/ Accounts Receivable jobs, tell em about me!!! N. He he xxx
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moley39
hi Michelle. Would love to meet up when over. Arrive july for 2 weeks but move perm as from 5th April next year! I so can't wait!!! Its awful when you can't tell work for a while yet which is just so hard. Still looking forward to next year! If you hear about any Credit Control/ Accounts Receivable jobs, tell em about me!!! N. He he xxx
I know how that feels but the wait is so worth it , happy to meet up, Lynsey Smith another BEr is moving to Waterloo too and arrives on Saturday so we may be able to get a group of BErs together - best of luck!

Michelle
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: We are here....at last!!!

I know how that feels but the wait is so worth it , happy to meet up, Lynsey Smith another BEr is moving to Waterloo too and arrives on Saturday so we may be able to get a group of BErs together - best of luck!

Michelle
that would be fantastic! Its so exciting, the whole caboodle!! Not long to to now!!