Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

We have arrived!!

We have arrived!!

Old May 18th 2009, 4:24 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We have arrived!!

We landed on Saturday at 2.20pm. Final goodbyes at the airport in the UK not good, makes you feel crap all the way over - well it did me. Bit of a drama on the plane, we had a woman who was partially sighted and very demanding of the air stewards, who I have to say was very good with her. She got very angry when they wouldnt serve her another drink after the captain had put the fasten seat belts sign on for landing. She the proceeds to cry, wail and moan, also she started to be sick!! next thing I hear (she was sat behind me) was the call bell going, the steward got out of his seat to her she had passed out!! they carried her to the front We were in row 1 so basically right in the door way in front of me, they were trying to bring her round, they got on the phone to the captain to tell him we needed an emergency clearance to land (we were currently circling in a Q) She started to come round, they asked her if she had taken any medication or had any medical back ground they should know about she said no. It transpires she had drunk 3 bottles of wine,4 gin's and a baileys plus taken 3 tranquilizers!!!. We landed and 4 paramedics came on board - cheered me up no end - love a man in a uniform.

We waited in line at passport control, told the very nice lady that we were applying for work permits, she told us exactly what we needed to do and where to go next, said welcome to Canada and off we went.
Got to immigration, waited in line once again told the lady what we wanted, got out "the paper mountain" and all she looked at was the LMO number, gave us both work permits told us to go pay the $300 and then come back, I stayed with her and we chatted about the UK & Canada hubby came back with receipt she had already put permits in our passport while we were chatting. She then welcomed us to Canada and wished us good luck, she said we were nice people and we would love Canada.

We then went to customs, once again very nice man this time, had a quick look at our papers said we didnt need any paper work from him as goods already shipped and we had a 2 year work permit, talked us through what we need to do once our good arrive and welcomed us to Canada.

So thats the story so far. POE visa app was very easy, I was really worried about it but no need.

Sorry its a long post but thought you would enjoy the airplane drama
Old May 18th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of
Default Re: We have arrived!!

OMG what a night mare, just been giggling about it but couldnt of been nice. Anyway 'WELCOME TO CANADA'. Glad everything else went smoothly for you, I am actually back in the UK on a months holiday and after my first week wishing I had not booked such a long holiday.
Good luck
Old May 18th 2009, 5:23 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada - pity about the on-board entertainment though
Old May 18th 2009, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Glad the POE experience went smoothly - shame you can't say the same about the flight!

But congrats!
Old May 18th 2009, 6:08 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, good luck with everything
Old May 18th 2009, 6:10 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

At least you will remember that day for sure! Welcome to Canada!
Old May 18th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

All in a days fun ! Congratulations and welcome
Old May 18th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about a dramatic entrance to your new life!!!

Congratulations and hope you enjoy Toronto
Old May 18th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to your new life in Canada
Old May 18th 2009, 9:01 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to canada
Old May 18th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

oh my god. that sounds like the girl who was on the plane with us when we were on our way to our honeymoon in mexico. took 2 valiums and had a bottle of vodka to wash it down. i was not impressed. not a good start to our honeymoon!

Lol

Helen

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian
We landed on Saturday at 2.20pm. Final goodbyes at the airport in the UK not good, makes you feel crap all the way over - well it did me. Bit of a drama on the plane, we had a woman who was partially sighted and very demanding of the air stewards, who I have to say was very good with her. She got very angry when they wouldnt serve her another drink after the captain had put the fasten seat belts sign on for landing. She the proceeds to cry, wail and moan, also she started to be sick!! next thing I hear (she was sat behind me) was the call bell going, the steward got out of his seat to her she had passed out!! they carried her to the front We were in row 1 so basically right in the door way in front of me, they were trying to bring her round, they got on the phone to the captain to tell him we needed an emergency clearance to land (we were currently circling in a Q) She started to come round, they asked her if she had taken any medication or had any medical back ground they should know about she said no. It transpires she had drunk 3 bottles of wine,4 gin's and a baileys plus taken 3 tranquilizers!!!. We landed and 4 paramedics came on board - cheered me up no end - love a man in a uniform.

We waited in line at passport control, told the very nice lady that we were applying for work permits, she told us exactly what we needed to do and where to go next, said welcome to Canada and off we went.
Got to immigration, waited in line once again told the lady what we wanted, got out "the paper mountain" and all she looked at was the LMO number, gave us both work permits told us to go pay the $300 and then come back, I stayed with her and we chatted about the UK & Canada hubby came back with receipt she had already put permits in our passport while we were chatting. She then welcomed us to Canada and wished us good luck, she said we were nice people and we would love Canada.

We then went to customs, once again very nice man this time, had a quick look at our papers said we didnt need any paper work from him as goods already shipped and we had a 2 year work permit, talked us through what we need to do once our good arrive and welcomed us to Canada.

So thats the story so far. POE visa app was very easy, I was really worried about it but no need.

Sorry its a long post but thought you would enjoy the airplane drama
Old May 18th 2009, 9:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jacq & Brian,

Congratulations on arriving in Canada and the best of luck for you and your family on you new adventure.

Sue
Old May 18th 2009, 9:34 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Congratulations on landing, hope you settle in really well.
Old May 18th 2009, 10:06 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

It will certainly be a flight to remember - I do wonder what happened to her though.
Old May 18th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

benjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian
Thanks everyone.

It will certainly be a flight to remember - I do wonder what happened to her though.
Welcome To Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.