Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Watching U.K TV from Canada

Watching U.K TV from Canada

Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watching U.K TV from Canada

Sorry, still don't get it! The fascination with British TV, that is. Just looked at the Radio Times listings for today; great British fare such "America's Next Top Model", "The Killing" and "The Biggest Loser: USA". Seems like a lot of effort just to watch the same crud I can see on my local cable.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:12 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
He/she did
/
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Shouldn't they be out on their bikes wearing safety equipment, or reading, or playing, or doing homework?

Maybe i'll eat my words but i always saw kids watching lots of TV being a sign that the parent is lazy
Do you have kids?

Who said anything about kids watching lots of TV, or doing other activities?

A couple hours of Blue Peter, Peppa the Pig, Thomas the Tank Engine (not dubbed), Fireman Sam, Bob the Builder (not dubbed) etc, is hardly a lot of tele and much better for little kids than Sponge Bob.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:32 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Do you have kids?

A couple hours of Blue Peter, Peppa the Pig, Thomas the Tank Engine (not dubbed), Fireman Sam, Bob the Builder (not dubbed) etc, is hardly a lot of tele and much better for little kids than Sponge Bob.
and some good Canadian kids shows like 'Gofrette' and 'Jacob Two-Two'
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:02 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
Sorry, still don't get it! The fascination with British TV, that is. Just looked at the Radio Times listings for today; great British fare such "America's Next Top Model", "The Killing" and "The Biggest Loser: USA". Seems like a lot of effort just to watch the same crud I can see on my local cable.
Do they still have Radio and T.V times?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:05 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
and some good Canadian kids shows like 'Gofrette' and 'Jacob Two-Two'
and Phineas and Pherb
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Do they still have Radio and T.V times?
Apparently!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:16 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
and Phineas and Pherb
Don't forget Mr.Benn, Fingerbobs, Trumpet, Crystal Tipps & Alisatair, Bagpuss and the like

Or am I showing my age ????
Old Jun 13th 2012, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Super Plumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
glad of the EPL, probably asking a stupid question i suspect but have any of you been able to watch england in the euro? maybe in a bar if not at home?
LOL we live in canada not the arse end of the world.We get more live footy here you can watch. They also show a game called Hockey which is played on a frozen sheet of water.consisting of 2 teams hitting a hard piece of old tyre (which is too small to see with the naked eye) up and down with a goal at each end. Once the bully off takes place its a free for all with unlimited subs,punch ups and adverts thrown in so the players can take a break.Almost forgot to metion..........random tunes are played on the PA system when something major happens,and in the FA cup final its a best of 7 to give everyone a fair chance incase they were having an off night. The season runs 13 months a year, and game take presidence over any other schedulded programme...........including Corrie. But I digress.........Remember the half time show where we get to listen to the studio panel of experts exchange banter? There are no experts so the time is filled with adverts for cars,trucks and acne cures
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

To the OP, I saw you said you were not very IT minded so wanted to make sure you didn't do anything that would affect something else. I would suggest go to Strong VPN as they have a fantastic online live chat and are very good about answering all sorts of questions. I used them in Zimbabwe and Belize and found them very helpful and very stable.

As long as you have a fairly recent TV you can then set up your PC or laptop to connect to the TV and watch British TV to your hearts content.

I also used them for Skype in Belize.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
Lol, the simple answer for me is that if I heard American commontators one more time trying to say anything about the Premiership or had to sit through Piers bloody Morgan giving his two cents on Fox Soccer I would throw something at the TV!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:01 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Do you have kids?

Let's not forget Charlie and Lola as well
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rick b
To the OP, I saw you said you were not very IT minded so wanted to make sure you didn't do anything that would affect something else. I would suggest go to Strong VPN as they have a fantastic online live chat and are very good about answering all sorts of questions. I used them in Zimbabwe and Belize and found them very helpful and very stable.

As long as you have a fairly recent TV you can then set up your PC or laptop to connect to the TV and watch British TV to your hearts content.

I also used them for Skype in Belize.
Yes their customer service/live chat is excellent.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Animal
Don't forget Mr.Benn, Fingerbobs, Trumpet, Crystal Tipps & Alisatair, Bagpuss and the like

Or am I showing my age ????
Not at all
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:38 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Bentine's Potty time !!!
Attached Thumbnails Watching U.K TV from Canada-ep3-03.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.