Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visiting Southern Ontario

Visiting Southern Ontario

Old May 15th 2013, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Southern Ontario

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have! And I've been to Disneyland, Disneyworld, Knott's Berry Farm, SeaWorld, the concrete reproduction of Porto Fino Bay and the imitation Venice, Paris and NYC in the desert. I've seen London Bridge over Lake Havasu. I've been to a great number of other dismal venues for corporate sales rallies. I've seen the Beach Boys, well some of them, and the Temptations, well some of them, and I narrowly missed the Goo Goo Dolls (not sure how many of them there were in the 60s). I've been to a Mary Kay convention and to a Scottish Country Dancing event in California. I've seen the Blackpool Tower. I've even been to Yonge and Eglinton. You see, life in computer sales is just like living permanently in the ballroom at the Holiday Inn Tulsa (West). I know lame, me. You can't teach me lame.

I haven't been to any of theses places with the children, my logic being that there's no need for them to go on a fake log ride with tit flashing white trash when we're in an empty country where there are real rivers, they can go on a real river ride and keep their shirts on if they want. But then, I didn't take them to McDonalds or Wal-Mart either, I'm just not very corporate.
Why did you go to the water park then? You could have just gone over Niagara Falls instead.
Old May 15th 2013, 12:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Why did you go to the water park then? You could have just gone over Niagara Falls instead.
We have indeed been into the water at Niagara, off the walkway entered from the Cave of the Winds. That was startlingly cold. Also into Meech Lake, I was fined $52 for letting the children swim there. Neither though are locations for a "works outing", the water park is.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:15 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

So you've never been and have no intention of ever going. Thanks for the review!
Your crusade is tiresome.

Last edited by bats; May 15th 2013 at 2:31 pm.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:03 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I've been, and like Disney and other parks, I do not want to go again.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Your crusade is tiresome.
As I said, I've been to Canada's Wonderland many times with family and friends and it's worth a visit IMO. It also has many good reviews on tripadvisor.com.

As I also said, I've been to Wild Water Kingdom and it's just OK. Doesn't get great reviews on tripadvisor.com either.

So what's the crusade? Seems to me that bashing somewhere you haven't actually been to is more indicative of a crusade. Pretty ironic coming from the guy who recently laughed at me for making a comment about Canada simply because I don't currently live there!

Last edited by MarylandNed; May 15th 2013 at 3:23 pm.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty ironic coming from the guy who recently laughed at me for making a comment about Canada simply because I don't currently live there!
Oh do pay some attention. Good grief.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, I've been to Canada's Wonderland many times with family and friends and it's worth a visit IMO. It also has many good reviews on tripadvisor.com.

As I also said, I've been to Wild Water Kingdom and it's just OK. Doesn't get great reviews on tripadvisor.com either.

So what's the crusade? Seems to me that bashing somewhere you haven't actually been to is more indicative of a crusade. Pretty ironic coming from the guy who recently laughed at me for making a comment about Canada simply because I don't currently live there!
Did you actually read my post? I said the place LOOKED naff, which it does. I have driven past it a few times and seen some spindly bits of ironmongery suspended in this air. I also said it was popular but that I had not been. This tells readers that many people like the place.
There is no irony as I commented on what I have seen and heard.

Get it right.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bats
There is no irony as I commented on what I have seen and heard.
Which is exactly what I did. Although I actually lived in Canada and still visit often - as opposed to driving by. Glad we cleared that up.
Old May 15th 2013, 5:07 pm
limey party pooper

Which is exactly what I did. Although I actually lived in Canada and still visit often - as opposed to driving by. Glad we cleared that up.
Ah, life in Canada is a theme park, that explains the rollercoaster rides.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:00 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Wonderland is perfectly ok for young children, no need to dismiss it as naff. It's about UK standard as far as many amusement type parks go. It's obviously not Disneyland, but Central Island is pleasant enough as is the boat ride on Lake Ontario.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Canada Wonderland is perfectly ok for young children, no need to dismiss it as naff. It's about UK standard as far as many amusement type parks go. It's obviously not Disneyland, but Central Island is pleasant enough as is the boat ride on Lake Ontario.
It's not a good as the Hoppings on the Town Moor though. Not enough mud.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:07 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's not a good as the Hoppings on the Town Moor though. Not enough mud.
Had not heard of the Hoppings. Certainly looks authentic.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Had not heard of the Hoppings. Certainly looks authentic.
Authentic is an interesting word in context. But accurate. The other good thing about it is that it buggers off after a week or so.
Old May 15th 2013, 10:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Centre Island has the ride in the dark. That's a good one for small children.
Old May 15th 2013, 10:53 pm
limey party pooper

I think it's lovely that some defend Wonderland as if it's their firstborn.

BTW the Ontsrio Science Centre is crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.