Victoria, Bc

Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

laura.anne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria, Bc

Can someone explain why they find it boring?
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura.anne
Can someone explain why they find it boring?
Because its small and full of old people and tramps.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:39 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Laura.anne,

Take my advice and ignore almost everything Oink writes.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Victoria a couple of years ago. I agree with Oink says. Take my advice and ignore what Auld Yin writes.

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Laura.anne,

Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Very confusing! The write up suggests beautiful scenery and many parks and museums, how boring can a place that boasts this be?!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

The scenery is beautiful. But if you are into nightlife Victoria is not the place to be.

Originally Posted by laura.anne
Very confusing! The write up suggests beautiful scenery and many parks and museums, how boring can a place that boasts this be?!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:00 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Laura.anne,

I don't know what you all do from night to night on a regular basis, but how "pumpin'" a particular nightclub is doesn't really have a great deal of impact on my day to day life. Being able to take the kids to the museum, beach, boat trip and swimming all on the same day - oh and playing in the water park - figures pretty highly on my "where to live" radar.

The shops are fair to good. The restaurants are on the whole friendly and the food reasonably priced (child friendly during the day). Parking is plentiful (I have never had to search for a place to park) and the pavements are wide - which again if you have small children in buggies isn't just another "so what?"

I like Victoria very much - so there!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Yes nightlife definitely isn't a selling point, we'll be going over as a family and sadly leaving our drinking partners behind, so will have to leave the partying to home visits anyway!

Happy to hear it's a good place for children, we have three boys aged 10 months, 2 and 4 :-)
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I don't know what you all do from night to night on a regular basis, but how "pumpin'" a particular nightclub is doesn't really have a great deal of impact on my day to day life. Being able to take the kids to the museum, beach, boat trip and swimming all on the same day - oh and playing in the water park - figures pretty highly on my "where to live" radar.

The shops are fair to good. The restaurants are on the whole friendly and the food reasonably priced (child friendly during the day). Parking is plentiful (I have never had to search for a place to park) and the pavements are wide - which again if you have small children in buggies isn't just another "so what?"

I like Victoria very much - so there!
I didn't say it wasn't nice, I said it was boring. A sunny afternoon sipping beer on the terrace of the Grand Pacific is pleasant enough, but not enough to want to live there.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:19 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Laura.anne,

He's got a point about the old people though - Victoria is renowned as a city for the newlywed and nearly dead.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:20 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I didn't say it wasn't nice, I said it was boring. A sunny afternoon sipping beer on the terrace of the Grand Pacific is pleasant enough, but not enough to want to live there.
Out of curiosity, what do you find that you can't do in Victoria or its surrounding area that you can do elsewhere on a day-today basis? My general life seems to involve existing as comfortably and stress/hassle free as possible and Victoria and the area seem to fulill these criteria.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:24 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck74
The scenery is beautiful. But if you are into nightlife Victoria is not the place to be.
Compared to where? Vancouver?

Originally Posted by Oink
Boring? Seriously? Old people, not really as they all move to the Okanagan. It even has decent restaurants and pubs.

What is it exactly that you find boring?

There's tons of outdoor stuff to do in Victoria and the Island, fishing, camping, hiking, scuba diving, biking, etc.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:24 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
He's got a point about the old people though - Victoria is renowned as a city for the newlywed and nearly dead.
I guess you've lived there too? Where do you people get this from?
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
I guess you've lived there too? Where do you people get this from?
Tínternet and posters. I spent a week in Victoria once thats all I have to say and I was neither impressed or disillusioned with the place. The several thousand cruise ship passengers did make the downtown seem rather busy though and some pretty neat personal yachts worth a few million plus were on display.
Quite a few panhandlers as well but I guess the climate attracts them all year round.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

calgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Victoria and are neither newly weds or nearly deads lol...... We live here with 5 kids aged from 9 mths to 11 yrs and are so far finding plenty to do. We have been here 3 mths and spent the summer basking in the sunshine, enjoying the lakes, the beach and the pool in the garden. We have been to many free festivities inc Greek fest, music in the park, free movies in the park, the blues festival, the buskers festival to name a few........ This last weekend was spent at saanich fair and a meal at the spitfire restaurant which was fab.........

Victoria is what you make it and in my opinion it's a brilliant city for families....... Our kids started school today and love it and have had weeks of swimming lessons at the rec centre which is walking distance from the house............. We love it here so far as do our children x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.