Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

the VERY best thing

the VERY best thing

Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:14 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the VERY best thing

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't doubt it's true but it's a very dodgy statistic. I moved to Canada in 1981, nothing was wrong with me so I didn't register with a doctor. Two years ago I got nagged into registering but for the decades inbetween I was nominally without a family doctor. If I had known I was contributing to the Conservative argument that the system has collapsed and needs privatising, as shown by people not having doctors, I would have made an effort to get one.
I'd have to agree with that - it's a skewed stat. I know many, many Canadians who don't have a regular family doctor and it's not because they can't find one but more because they don't see the point - either they move around a lot following employment, hate the medical profession, just go to the US, prefer to do traditional Chinese medicine, just use clinics or the ER and/or who think they're healthy and invincible.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

hi .. just curious as to where you live . I know there are problems getting a doctor but waiting 5 months is ridiculous . cant you get a referral from a medical clinic . hope it works out soon !
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry , should have read on through the posts before sending my first mesage. KELOWNA B.C . remind me not to move there then ..
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:04 pm

dwgray is an unknown quantity at this point

Best - new country, new challenges, new adventure.
Worst - what is it with those Heinz Baked Beans here? Weird.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snave
Snap! I was going to say exactly the same thing - meeting my wife.
Er, both Hangman and yourself have not been terribly specific as to whether this was the best or worst.

I'll be charitable and assume that it was a good thing for both of you.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:29 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Er, both Hangman and yourself have not been terribly specific as to whether this was the best or worst.

I'll be charitable and assume that it was a good thing for both of you.
I'm surprised this took so long to come up.

Meeting the person who became my wife was the very best thing that has ever happened to me.

Along with a great career as an Air Traffic Controller for thirty years and now in retirement with an adequate income and no mortgage, all I can say is Canada has been very, very good to me.

Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Yeah, I wondered that too.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Hangman
career as an Air Traffic Controller for thirty years
Well, I guess that explains the avatar! :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Well, I guess that explains the avatar! :scared:
Damn you figured it out.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:50 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Damn you figured it out.
I'm feeling pretty generous today, so I would have to say my Canadian bloke. Travelled Three and a Half thousand miles to meet him, and by God it was worth it!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
I'm feeling pretty generous today, so I would have to say my Canadian bloke. Travelled Three and a Half thousand miles to meet him, and by God it was worth it!
Specifically to meet him, like in one of those interweb romance things ?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:50 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Specifically to meet him, like in one of those interweb romance things ?
Met him over here... Came over for a job and the lifestyle. Just happened to meet the bloke one day in passing....