British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Vancouver Island meet-up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/vancouver-island-meet-up-417137/)

bananahammock Jan 5th 2007 10:50 pm

Vancouver Island meet-up

So how about a February meet-up then?
Would be great to put a face to your names ~ jempee, ellsie, Investor, me, & anyone else who'd care to join in (can't remember everyones name :() :beer: :beer:

Investor Jan 6th 2007 3:06 pm

Re: Vancouver Island meet-up

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4253490)
Would be great to put a face to your names ~ jempee, ellsie, Investor, me, & anyone else who'd care to join in (can't remember everyones name :() :beer: :beer:

Sounds good. We should have arrived by end of January and pretty much any date in February would be ok.

Adbru Jan 6th 2007 6:37 pm

Hi Folks,

Feb is no good but looks like we are coming on hols to VI in July....

It would be fab if we were able to have a meet-up while we are there :D

Early days but hopefully we will be there for 2 weeks in the summer :cool:

Adbru

bananahammock Jan 6th 2007 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Adbru (Post 4255331)
Hi Folks,

Feb is no good but looks like we are coming on hols to VI in July....

It would be fab if we were able to have a meet-up while we are there :D

Early days but hopefully we will be there for 2 weeks in the summer :cool:

Adbru

Hi............its another date for July then, the more of these :beer: :beer: the merrier as far as I'm concerned :)
Plus I will be on my summer leave from work........10 WEEKS not bad eh? (by Canadian standards!!)

jempee Jan 6th 2007 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4255632)
Hi............its another date for July then, the more of these :beer: :beer: the merrier as far as I'm concerned :)
Plus I will be on my summer leave from work........10 WEEKS not bad eh? (by Canadian standards!!)

Yep, keep me informed, definatly interested. Have a few rellies coming over some time in July but no probs for me. Have a few English friends also in my local area, shall i invite them as well???

bananahammock Jan 6th 2007 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by jempee (Post 4255642)
Yep, keep me informed, definatly interested. Have a few rellies coming over some time in July but no probs for me. Have a few English friends also in my local area, shall i invite them as well???

How about Feb? :)

ellsie Jan 7th 2007 11:47 pm

Feb would be good, I can't do July as we will be in the throes of tourist season.

The Escapea Jan 8th 2007 4:51 pm

We'd definately like to meet up with you all in February - as long as it is after the 4th as I'm popping back to the motherland (to stock up on goodies!).

Where were you thinking of meeting up? Victoria, or someone more central to everyone?

bananahammock Jan 8th 2007 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Escapea (Post 4260626)
We'd definately like to meet up with you all in February - as long as it is after the 4th as I'm popping back to the motherland (to stock up on goodies!).

Where were you thinking of meeting up? Victoria, or someone more central to everyone?

Hi there :D

I think ellsie is in Campbell River, I'm gonna ask 'gooding' who is in Courteney, Investor will be here in Nanaimo & jempee is at Cobble Hill so we're pretty spread out............far be it from me to make the decisions ;) but how about we keep it central this time & if we all enjoy it we could take turns meeting in each persons town/city? :)

Apologies to anyone I've forgotten......(Burt?)

ellsie Jan 8th 2007 11:07 pm

I am in CR and it's raining! Is Nanaimo most central, reading between the lines?:confused: :rolleyes:

bananahammock Jan 9th 2007 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ellsie (Post 4261848)
I am in CR and it's raining! Is Nanaimo most central, reading between the lines?:confused: :rolleyes:

LOL......could be :o

bananahammock Jan 19th 2007 1:42 am

How does Feb 25th sound :thumbup:

ellsie Jan 19th 2007 4:57 am

Will check and get back. Is that a Sunday?

bananahammock Jan 19th 2007 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ellsie (Post 4300343)
Will check and get back. Is that a Sunday?

Yep it is, most people fancied the 18th or 25th.........either works for me :)

I think the Escapea is off to blighty & I'm not sure if he/she'll be back for the earlier date...........Escapea???

jempee Jan 19th 2007 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4299903)
How does Feb 25th sound :thumbup:

25th sounds ok to me. we are moving on the 2nd feb so unless anything goes wrong!! we should be good for that day.:thumbup:

The Escapea Jan 19th 2007 4:10 pm

Hi - 25th is good with us. And I'm am off back home next week (hurray - I'm going to see how many M&S custard tarts it is possible to eat in a week...! :D ) but I'm back on the 4th - so we could also make the 18th date.
Sally

bananahammock Feb 8th 2007 11:55 pm

So all confirmed for Feb 25th then at 1ish at the Longwood brew pub on the island highway.................:thumbup:
Should be..........me, jempee, gooding, the Escapea, Investor (where are you???) possibly ellsie & anyone else who'd care to join us ;)

See you all soon :D

www.longwoodbrewpub.com

Sue Feb 8th 2007 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4380015)
So all confirmed for Feb 25th then at 1ish at the Longwood brew pub on the island highway.................:thumbup:
Should be..........me, jempee, gooding, the Escapea, Investor (where are you???) possibly ellsie & anyone else who'd care to join us ;)

www.longwoodbrewpub.com

I'll make this sticky for you for a little while. If you haven't done so yet don't forget to add your meet-up to the calendar. We've added a new feature, people can now RSVP for get togethers so you have a better idea who is going to attend.

bananahammock Feb 9th 2007 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 4380019)
I'll make this sticky for you for a little while. If you haven't done so yet don't forget to add your meet-up to the calendar. We've added a new feature, people can now RSVP for get togethers so you have a better idea who is going to attend.

Thanks Sue :thumbup:

Mountain Girl Feb 9th 2007 6:46 pm

Just out of interest banana hammock did you ask the MODS to put this up here or were they just psychic?

Good idea MODS :thumbup:

bananahammock Feb 9th 2007 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by smelly (Post 4382741)
Just out of interest banana hammock did you ask the MODS to put this up here or were they just psychic?

Good idea MODS :thumbup:

Just psychic ;)

gloveman Feb 9th 2007 9:53 pm

Hi there, we are going to be visiting the Island then, any idea how long would it take to drive from Campbell River to Nanaimo?

Steve_P Feb 9th 2007 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by gloveman (Post 4383634)
Hi there, we are going to be visiting the Island then, any idea how long would it take to drive from Campbell River to Nanaimo?

About an hour and a half maybe a little less.;)

bananahammock Feb 10th 2007 4:43 am

Originally Posted by gloveman (Post 4383634)

Are you gonna join us gloveman?
The more the merrier :D

gloveman Feb 10th 2007 8:03 am

We're going to try to be there but we are only on the Island for a week and our realtor has lots planned for us and there is lots we want to do. So if we can fit it in we will but won't really know for sure until we are there. Hopefully see you soon.

sans Feb 11th 2007 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4380015)

www.longwoodbrewpub.com

I'll ER just take a stroll up the road and have one at R local, 1pm fri 25th :( :D or maybe you could meet me in may for one or two ;)

bananahammock Feb 12th 2007 3:36 am

Originally Posted by sans (Post 4391446)
:D or maybe you could meet me in may for one or two ;)

Definately :D if my memory serves me correctly I promised you a pint or two at the crow & gate!! :thumbup:

www.crowandgate.com

sans Feb 12th 2007 8:34 am

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 4392117)
Definately :D if my memory serves me correctly I promised you a pint or two at the crow & gate!! :thumbup:

www.crowandgate.com

I'm a leaving on a jet plane, dont know when i'll be back again :ohmy: just needed to do that :blink:

jempee Feb 12th 2007 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 4391446)
I'll ER just take a stroll up the road and have one at R local, 1pm fri 25th :( :D or maybe you could meet me in may for one or two ;)

im sure i will be able to meet up for that as well.

sans Feb 12th 2007 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by jempee (Post 4393326)
im sure i will be able to meet up for that as well.

Hi jempee ;) you get em in :D ready, i'll b as quick as i can:sneaky:

jempee Feb 12th 2007 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 4393790)
Hi jempee ;) you get em in :D ready, i'll b as quick as i can:sneaky:

stop dragging your heels and get over here.........................only joking, i know from first hand experience how FRUSTRATING it is while waiting and waiting......................

sans Feb 12th 2007 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by jempee (Post 4393799)
stop dragging your heels and get over here.........................only joking, i know from first hand experience how FRUSTRATING it is while waiting and waiting......................

:rofl: Not kidding i'm going to be their may. I have definitly lost the plot tho:eek: told OH if he doesn't get off his backside i'm off on my own and sod the house ;) . I'll email you:)

gooding Feb 13th 2007 12:06 am

It has been so long since I have been on this site! Too busy and settled into our life here on the island.
For all that think the wait for immigration seems forever, once you are here, time flies,. I used to to spend every day on the site once upon a time.

Just to say we will be attending on 25th and coming down from Courtenay , so anyone looking at moving to this area or surrounds, we look forward to telling you all we know. Love it her, and will never return to old life now. See you all on 25th

gloveman Feb 13th 2007 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by gooding (Post 4395703)
It has been so long since I have been on this site! Too busy and settled into our life here on the island.
For all that think the wait for immigration seems forever, once you are here, time flies,. I used to to spend every day on the site once upon a time.

Just to say we will be attending on 25th and coming down from Courtenay , so anyone looking at moving to this area or surrounds, we look forward to telling you all we know. Love it her, and will never return to old life now. See you all on 25th

Hello, we're hopefully moving to Campbell River/Courtenay area soon - glad to hear you like it so much.

bananahammock Feb 24th 2007 6:56 pm

See you all tomorrow peeps :thumbup: looking forward to meeting you 'in the flesh!!' :rofl: Hopefully this horrible white stuff falling from the sky will disappear by then :o

Jo

ellsie Feb 25th 2007 2:41 am

Have a great time everyone! :(

Adbru Feb 25th 2007 6:49 am

Have a great time guys :D

Dont spend too much time thinking about us.... back here..... in the rain...... and the fog...... and the cold...... and at work :(

Have one for us :thumbup:

Adbru

sans Feb 25th 2007 8:05 am

Just you be careful with that broom ;) And i'll see you in May:lol:

ptolomeus3 Feb 25th 2007 12:39 pm

Have a nice time guys. :thumbup:
Hope to be there end of the year :)

bananahammock Feb 26th 2007 1:20 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Adbru (Post 4452284)
Dont spend too much time thinking about us.... back here..... in the rain...... and the fog...... and the cold...... and at work
Adbru

Well............it rained a bit (no change there then) :o no fog :p & mild ............. we thought about you...........then the beer came!! :rofl:

I've included a couple of 'mug-shots', note the ladies being social butterflies whilst the dudes prop up the bar!! :D

Thanks for coming everyone, looking forward to the next one. :thumbup: