Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver breaks Sunshine record.

Vancouver breaks Sunshine record.

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver breaks Sunshine record.

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Particularly weird for an ex Fleet St printer and graphic designer by trade. Being under a wing with the engines going trying to unplug the GPU took a while to get used to.

I now drive the disabled around. Oh the stories.

Only in Vancouver.
When I worked for America West in Phoenix, we had a doctor working on the ramp, why I have no idea, but we all called him doc.

I was amazed at the collection of different professions we had working for us.

It was interesting working in PHX, being a hub went from being dead bored, to working your butt off for 40 minutes only to be dead bored for another hour before the next bank arrived.

Best day ever was when I got assigned to a 757 gate, got to work and there was a plane sitting at my assigned gate, had been there since 7am, started my shift at 2pm thinking this plane would leave, sat in the breakroom with my crew, watched TV all day waiting for the call it was ready, 10pm came and we were still watching TV, got paid to literally do nothing but watch TV...lol (we were a senior crew seniority wise so we always got the easy 757 gates.)

The first day I had to marshal an aircraft the first time, still remember it, 18 years old this big 757 coming right at me, and it was up to me to make sure it stopped on time....

Only time I can ever say I was nervous doing anything was working for a small regional airline flying 19 seat something or others, no APU so had to start the engine on the captains side first, and then having to unplug the GPU with only maybe 2 feet from the moving props. Never turn your back to the airplane was the rule there.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 2nd 2013 at 5:08 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 5:01 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver breaks Sunshine record.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
When I worked for America West in Phoenix, we had a doctor working on the ramp, why I have no idea, but we all called him doc.

I was amazed at the collection of different professions we had working for us.

It was interesting working in PHX, being a hub went from being dead bored, to working your butt off for 40 minutes only to be dead bored for another hour before the next bank arrived.

Best day ever was when I got assigned to a 757 gate, got to work and there was a plane sitting at my assigned gate, had been there since 7am, started my shift at 2pm thinking this plane would leave, sat in the breakroom with my crew, watched TV all day waiting for the call it was ready, 10pm came and we were still watching TV, got paid to literally do nothing but watch TV...lol (we were a senior crew seniority wise so we always got the easy 757 gates.)

The first day I had to marshal an aircraft the first time, still remember it, 18 years old this big 757 coming right at me, and it was up to me to make sure it stopped on time....

Only time I can ever say I was nervous doing anything was working for a small regional airline flying 19 seat something or others, no APU so had to start the engine on the captains side first, and then having to unplug the GPU with only maybe 2 feet from the moving props. Never turn your back to the airplane was the rule there.

I thought it was hot on Vancouver's south runway last year. Phoenix, blimey it must of been boiling.

Taking body bags out of the back of planes from Northern BC loggers... loved that job. Never small those chaps.