Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Update (and a question...)

Update (and a question...)

Old Jan 10th 2024, 7:23 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update (and a question...)

OK, so happy new year everyone! Hope you all had a banging Christmas and New Years and things are off to a good start.

Update time (as if anyone's following my antics 😂): I am moving to Toronto on the 5th of April, 2024! 1 way flight is booked, Air BnB booked, list of companies in my industry and in other industries I might want to pivot to in hand, I'm selling or binning everything (looking to travel VERY light!) and getting my life in order.

My question, in all of this is: as a self employed person in the UK, what do I have to do with regards to HMRC? Lots of information out there for employees but can't seem to find anything really concrete for us sole trader types that doesn't have someone offering contrary advice on the next site I visit!

Any advice on this one would be gratefully received...

Jack.
Old Jan 12th 2024, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Hemlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update (and a question...)

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
OK, so happy new year everyone! Hope you all had a banging Christmas and New Years and things are off to a good start.

Update time (as if anyone's following my antics 😂): I am moving to Toronto on the 5th of April, 2024! 1 way flight is booked, Air BnB booked, list of companies in my industry and in other industries I might want to pivot to in hand, I'm selling or binning everything (looking to travel VERY light!) and getting my life in order.

My question, in all of this is: as a self employed person in the UK, what do I have to do with regards to HMRC? Lots of information out there for employees but can't seem to find anything really concrete for us sole trader types that doesn't have someone offering contrary advice on the next site I visit!

Any advice on this one would be gratefully received...

Jack.
https://www.gov.uk/tax-right-retire-abroad-return-to-uk