Reload this Page >

Unsure what tests i need to take

Unsure what tests i need to take

Old Oct 11th 2021, 9:46 am
Just Joined

darkneal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unsure what tests i need to take

Hi there,

I have a tricky situation and i have no idea whats expected of me for my arrival as a Permanent Resident in Vancouver. I have had both my vaccine doses.

I am flying from UK to Germany for one week (on the 23rd), and from Germany I fly to Van to begin my life in Canada as a permanent resident (on the 30th). Going to Germany is easy enough, i just do a antigen test 24hrs before departing. BUT the canadian requirements are SO confusing.

Are my requirements from Germany and not the UK now? I might be exempt? It also says they need a PCR test (antigen test not allowed) but those are the ones you need to send your sample off in the post, theres no way I can send my sample by post 72hrs before in Germany to the UK tester im registered with and get a result in time!

Can anyone verify what I need to do, if anything?

Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 11th 2021, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unsure what tests i need to take

Consult the official website

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
Old Oct 11th 2021, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think it really matters where you’re coming from, re virus test, but you must meet the entry requirements for Canada to be allowed on the plane - you must have a negative PCR test, carried out in the 72 hours before departure to Canada and complete the ArriveCAN app.
If you consult travel.gc.ca, there is a section where it identifies testing facilities it’s aware of in different countries - as you say, it wouldn’t be practical to send your test results to UK for processing so you’d need to get tested in Germany.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 10:43 am
Just Joined

ok cool, thank you. I think thats what i need to do, go to a clinic near where im staying in Berlin and get the test done there and then a couple days before my flight out. Thanks!
Old Oct 12th 2021, 11:59 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darkneal
ok cool, thank you. I think thats what i need to do, go to a clinic near where im staying in Berlin and get the test done there and then a couple days before my flight out. Thanks!
Yes, get a PCR test in Germany within 72 hours of your departure. One imagines that PCR tests can be had with turnaround of 24hrs or less - certainly you can in London. Air Canada's travel ready hub lists some test providers by country.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

yup, thank you. was a simple solution in the end!