Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello from the other side!

Hello from the other side!

Old Sep 8th 2021, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

dogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from the other side!

Hi All,

Just a note to say we are in Canada as of last Friday and a massive thank you to everyone that has helped guide me and provide invaluable feedback and insight:-) We arrived tired, emotional and excited to start our new adventure in the Great White North and Oakville is pretty lush right now:-)

Will be back posting in due course once the dust has settled!

-
Dogstar
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the other side!

Originally Posted by dogstar
Hi All,

Just a note to say we are in Canada as of last Friday and a massive thank you to everyone that has helped guide me and provide invaluable feedback and insight:-) We arrived tired, emotional and excited to start our new adventure in the Great White North and Oakville is pretty lush right now:-)

-
Dogstar
Welcome! The first few weeks after arrival are very exciting, and exhausting. At least you know where to come for answers to your questions.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 1:21 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck with it. It's September, buy gloves, maybe hats.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

-
Dogstar
Welcome to Canada.
Did you end up buying or renting?
Old Sep 9th 2021, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada

I hope you will be as happy as we have been
Old Sep 9th 2021, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada those first few weeks are a whirlwind of appointments and form filling. You picked the perfect time of year to land. Good luck on your new adventure.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

dogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the kind words! Been a bit hectic so please forgive the delay in responding suffice to say I have not forgotten how helpful and friendly everyone on the forum has been! So slowly settling into Canadian life and thus far (touch wood) things have gone well and both family and I are enjoying our new adventure. Have to be honest have missed the choice of food and grocery we have available in the UK and there is a noticeable mark-up over here, especially its seems for poultry/meat. But I guess it's all relative and so won't complain.....much;-) The weather has been nice so far and hoping it continues but am sure it will change and then things will get interesting as we get to grips with our first Canadian winter. I'm not apprehensive as I've done it in Alberta and anywhere on the planet has to be warmer than there! Hope you're all well and in good health and I hope to share my learnings with you all and all newcomers to the forum seeing as I officially have skin in the game now
Old Oct 12th 2021, 11:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the kind words! Been a bit hectic so please forgive the delay in responding suffice to say I have not forgotten how helpful and friendly everyone on the forum has been! So slowly settling into Canadian life and thus far (touch wood) things have gone well and both family and I are enjoying our new adventure. Have to be honest have missed the choice of food and grocery we have available in the UK and there is a noticeable mark-up over here, especially its seems for poultry/meat. But I guess it's all relative and so won't complain.....much;-) The weather has been nice so far and hoping it continues but am sure it will change and then things will get interesting as we get to grips with our first Canadian winter. I'm not apprehensive as I've done it in Alberta and anywhere on the planet has to be warmer than there! Hope you're all well and in good health and I hope to share my learnings with you all and all newcomers to the forum seeing as I officially have skin in the game now
Glad to hear you are settling in and finding your feet (again)

Do keep posting with updates of your journey - it's very useful/interesting for newbies and oldies alike!