Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Stinks!! Day by day More!!!

UK Stinks!! Day by day More!!!

Old Jul 26th 2002, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Dave30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Stinks!! Day by day More!!!

How can you predict yr or yr children’s good future in UK, when half of yr hard earned money goes in taxes for these asylum seeker, illegal immigrants! And in return wat u get…criminals all over the place. These all asylum seekers come here as beggar for asking food and shelter, then just look at them after 5-6 years!! 50% of them turn to crime, remain joins Muslim political group like Al-Muhajiroun and all doing nothing but harboring terrorism. How long we keep paying our hard earned money for these asylum seekers?? When our govt. will learn lesson from Netherlands, Denmark election result?? Why not govt makes some selection criteria for immigrants like Canada do??, that’s why we have decided to immigrate to Canada, hope to smell fresh air than stinks there!!
Old Jul 26th 2002, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

levu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Stinks!! Day by day More!!!

You live in the UK and yet your english doesn't read very nice....so I'm guessing you aren't from there yourself.

Asylum seekers are refugees. Canada does take refugees and it does not apply selection criteria to them...you can't possibly have selection criteria for those fleeing persecution so don't talk nonsense. Skilled worker immigration and the provision of asylum are two totally seperate things.

The UK has no skilled worker system...at least not one with any meaningful spirit behind it. It doesn't need to because people from anywhere in the EU can already live and work there freely without any immigration system. With the highest wages in Europe and one of the highest proportions of people going to University in the world, the UK already attracts/has all the skilled workers it needs.

As for all those folks who are coming to the UK looking for help, well I agree theres probably more of them than we can reasonably be expected to take. The fact that so many are coming to the UK is the fault of our european neighbours, in particular France, which goes out of its way to try to get all the asylum seekers who show up on their borders out of their way and into the UK.

You can't blame people for trying to better themselves.

You just spent all that time complaining about people who want to come to the UK in search of a better life, and then you say you yourself are one of those same oppertunistic economic migrants who wants to go to Canada. I hope for your sake that Canadians are less ignorant than yourself.
Old Jul 26th 2002, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sumatra is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as i know there IS some point-based immigration system for UK (which, by the by, is quite difficult to pass)
Old Jul 26th 2002, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

levu is an unknown quantity at this point

There is yes i know. But its impossible to pass for. You need to be a multi millionaire with about 100 degrees. Thats what I meant by the "Spirit" of skilled worker immigration....the UK may have a point system - but they make it quite clear they don't really want anyone to qualify for it.
Old Jul 27th 2002, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Hmm....

this sounds familiar somehow....
Old Jul 27th 2002, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sumatra is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by levu
There is yes i know. But its impossible to pass for. You need to be a multi millionaire with about 100 degrees. Thats what I meant by the "Spirit" of skilled worker immigration....the UK may have a point system - but they make it quite clear they don't really want anyone to qualify for it. [/QUO

No, they want millioners to qualify.