Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Passport renew and application

UK Passport renew and application

Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:27 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Passport renew and application

Originally Posted by nwtspam
check your PM.
Hi there, sorry to jump on this band wagon but my OH had his credit card charged on 23rd March and still no passport is there any chance you could pm the email address too as he is coming back to the UK as soon as he has it. I did put on his travel plans were for the 1st May but we were hoping it would be here before then! We've tried calling the help line but never got through and just want to know where they are up to with it and how long it may take.
Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:47 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Hi there, sorry to jump on this band wagon but my OH had his credit card charged on 23rd March and still no passport is there any chance you could pm the email address too as he is coming back to the UK as soon as he has it. I did put on his travel plans were for the 1st May but we were hoping it would be here before then! We've tried calling the help line but never got through and just want to know where they are up to with it and how long it may take.
Thanks
getting desperate now....OH passport still not arrived, helpline (ha that's a joke) said its in progress! OH has now left our rental property but has keys till end of the week so worried now if they will deliver it to the door as he's not living there anymore. Its been over 5 weeks now since they took the money off the card. Does anyone know what we can do? OH still there with no money, no job, and sleeping on a friends couch just waiting for passport to come so he can go home for good. Anyone know what we can do, i just need to get him home.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Rugbygirl65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I also hate to jump on the bandwagon but my passport app has been in DC for 5 weeks now and they have not yet taken payment (as of 5 minutes ago).
Nwtspam, could I trouble you to share the contact info that you have? I am supposed to travel in 2 weeks.

Last time I renewed, when the High Commission was in Ottawa, it arrived in about 10 days. I really thought 7 weeks would be enough time.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

spud62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rugbygirl65
Hi there,

I also hate to jump on the bandwagon but my passport app has been in DC for 5 weeks now and they have not yet taken payment (as of 5 minutes ago).
Nwtspam, could I trouble you to share the contact info that you have? I am supposed to travel in 2 weeks.

Last time I renewed, when the High Commission was in Ottawa, it arrived in about 10 days. I really thought 7 weeks would be enough time.
Hi
I sent for my sons passport on Feb 15th & only got it back 2 days ago!
Old May 1st 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

gtm604 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seeing as there's a thread already created about some of the tiny issues i'm having with getting a UK passport and this thread is so recent I'd rather not create a new one. Althought I'm sorry to hijack the thread, a little.

If I could get any help on any of these problems it would be much appreaciated. The C1 form is a bit hazzie in a few areas(for me at least).

Regarding Previous Passport. "Have you had any sort of passport or travel document before or been included in one ?" Is this regarding my up to date Canadian Passport or an older one that is not valid anymore. It also asks below this question for the previous passport number and issued by. If it's my current passport and I'm am send this along with everything else why do they need the number, it's on my passport. Which is what leads me to believe it maybe refering to a passport that is not valid anymore, an old one.

Here's the part of the C1 Form I'm talking about.
UK Passport renew and application-untitled2.png

Secondly

I'm a Canadian so I'm hoping a fellow canadian can help me with this one. The question is about my Birth Certificate which is Green and white, is about the size of a credit card and looks like one too. It has neither my Mom's or Dad's name on it. My question is, is this Birth Certificate OK for applying for a UK passport. It asks for The long form Birth Certificate which I do not posess which also neither has my Mom's or Dads name on it as well. The reason I know this is I have my brother long form Birth Certificate and it doesn't included there names on it.

Again any help would be much appreciated.
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatcat65
getting desperate now....OH passport still not arrived, helpline (ha that's a joke) said its in progress! OH has now left our rental property but has keys till end of the week so worried now if they will deliver it to the door as he's not living there anymore. Its been over 5 weeks now since they took the money off the card. Does anyone know what we can do? OH still there with no money, no job, and sleeping on a friends couch just waiting for passport to come so he can go home for good. Anyone know what we can do, i just need to get him home.
Hi there,
Did you get the passport yet? I got through to a UK number on Thursday, mine isn't even entered into the system yet.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:05 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

I could PM you the e-mail address of a passport clerk at DC if you are not going to post it publicly.

I think you should first call the UK careline services to escalate the issue (use the +44 number is cheaper than using the 1-900). Paying CAD$6 for the call is much better off than changing your travel plan.

I told them the same thing about their "4-week return" commitment. The Careline said that 4-week is from the date of payment, sometimes could take up to 6-weeks due to some special circumstances, blah blah...
Could you PM me the email address?
Thanks....
Old May 19th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gtm604
...Regarding Previous Passport. "Have you had any sort of passport or travel document before or been included in one ?" Is this regarding my up to date Canadian Passport or an older one that is not valid anymore. It also asks below this question for the previous passport number and issued by. If it's my current passport and I'm am send this along with everything else why do they need the number, it's on my passport. Which is what leads me to believe it maybe refering to a passport that is not valid anymore, an old one.

Secondly

I'm a Canadian so I'm hoping a fellow canadian can help me with this one. The question is about my Birth Certificate which is Green and white, is about the size of a credit card and looks like one too. It has neither my Mom's or Dad's name on it. My question is, is this Birth Certificate OK for applying for a UK passport. It asks for The long form Birth Certificate which I do not posess which also neither has my Mom's or Dads name on it as well. The reason I know this is I have my brother long form Birth Certificate and it doesn't included there names on it.

Again any help would be much appreciated.
Every long form canadian birth certificate I have seen includes the names of parents. I know each province has their own form, so I cannot say 100% that this is the same for your province, but logic dictates that it would have your parents names. Long form and short form relates to the amount of information contained rather than just the size of the certificate, so perhaps what you thought was your brothers long form birth certificate was really only a short form one.

As to not entering your passport number on the form because it is already in your passport, well.. by the same logic you would not enter your name or most of the other information either as these are also in the passport. If you are not sure which, just provide both.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

simonferoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I'm worried about my passport because I sent it to DC, they received it May 16, I have to travel June 17 and was told today it's not even in the system. This "4 weeks is enough time" speech they tell us is incorrect. Now I'm panicking that I'll have to cancel my trip.

Has anyone received it in 4 weeks?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonferoz
Now I'm worried about my passport because I sent it to DC, they received it May 16, I have to travel June 17 and was told today it's not even in the system. This "4 weeks is enough time" speech they tell us is incorrect. Now I'm panicking that I'll have to cancel my trip.

Has anyone received it in 4 weeks?
I did receive my passport in time. I called the number in the UK on April 28 and was also told my application wasn't in the system. All of their offices were closed for the royal wedding on the 29th and yet my passport came on May 4th.....I was incredibly shocked!! The date it was processed was May 3rd.

I also had called the British Consulate in Toronto, they called me back in an hour as promised and I had an appointment booked for May 11th to get an emergency travel document issued (apparently that only takes an hour or so and costs about $150.00)
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

simonferoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, it kinda puts my mind in a bit of ease. I'm having such a hard time finding anyone at the office in Vancouver. Left two messages, 2emails and even walked up to the front doors, still no luck.

As long as i can get a ETD, I'll be happy. I hope they will give me one for business travel.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

eskimonel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonferoz
Thanks for the info, it kinda puts my mind in a bit of ease. I'm having such a hard time finding anyone at the office in Vancouver. Left two messages, 2emails and even walked up to the front doors, still no luck.

As long as i can get a ETD, I'll be happy. I hope they will give me one for business travel.
They will NOT issue you with one for Business Travel the only one they issue you with is for a one way trip and customs will take it off you as soon as that trip has been taken, sorry.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

jockian is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: UK Passport renew and application

I sent the following email to 3 different email addresses I could find all which have truned out to be useless, the email addresses are as follows:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Email Sent:
I need help as the very slow process of renewing a passport does not seem to be working. On the web site it says I should allow 4 weeks for my passport to be returned. I sent my passport 13 weeks ago on the 8th of March, my courier told me it was receive and signed for on the 14th of March. On April the 7th the fee of was taken from my credit card successfully. I waited for 7 weeks then called the help line which was no help, basically all they could tell me that it was in process. I asked how much longer it would be and was told they couldn't tell me only that it is in process, not much help and it cost me over $30 to be told what I already knew.

I use my passport to travel a lot for business, this is now causing a problem for my employer who is losing patience with me. On May 18th I had to travel to Ottawa to get emergency travel document at a additional cost of $157 so I could go to a compulsory meeting in California. Next week I supposed to travel to New York for another meeting, 2 weeks later I need to go back to California, but I cant book any travel until I know if there is any chance I might get me passport back. I am even getting worried about some travel I have to do in July!

Can someone please tell me what is the status, when will I get it back or just someone give me some useful information? If I need to I will even pay to get it expedited?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

unitedjam83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could PM you the e-mail address of a passport clerk at DC if you are not going to post it publicly.

I think you should first call the UK careline services to escalate the issue (use the +44 number is cheaper than using the 1-900). Paying CAD$6 for the call is much better off than changing your travel plan.

I told them the same thing about their "4-week return" commitment. The Careline said that 4-week is from the date of payment, sometimes could take up to 6-weeks due to some special circumstances, blah blah...
Would it be possible to get the email address of someone I can contact directly to escalate my application?

Thanks very much.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

unitedjam83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What exactly was the result of emailing the clerk in DC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.