Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Passport renew and application

UK Passport renew and application

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:06 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport renew and application

Still waiting for the PPs
Old Mar 5th 2011, 4:41 am
Just Joined

nwtspam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Still waiting for the PPs
After sending a note to [email protected] to express our frustration, they issued our passport today (Friday).

We should have the passports by Monday afternoon, according to the UPS tracking number given by the passport clerk at DC.

Last edited by nwtspam; Mar 5th 2011 at 4:50 am. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

nfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nwtspam
We should have the passports by Monday afternoon, according to the UPS tracking number given by the passport clerk at DC.
UPS? Yikes, can't they use a real courier or just the post office like they used to? I've heard horror stories from people here in Toronto having to travel to somewhere north of here to pick up UPS packages, because they don't have a depot in Toronto ... which creates inconvenience when one doesn't have a car, the depot is in another city, (and the package was sent from a location walking distance from it's destination!)

(or was that Purolater? ...)
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

wort4483 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kind of slightly off topic but wondered if anyone had an idea. I've looked in some other threads and basically I think I just accept a bad decision on my part but wondered if anyone had any advice.

Sent off passport for renewal 5 weeks ago following the "allow 4 weeks" return advice on the website. Money has been taken from credit card and the passport has not been returned. I am supposed to be traveling this Friday but have read on some other threads of people who are waiting longer than this for renewal so am not too hopeful. I have sent an email to the address in thread above which I am waiting a response to, and had a pretty unhelpful conversation.

Should the email not work do I have any options?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you will have to try and change your travel plans
Old Mar 6th 2011, 3:17 am
Just Joined

gosoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I need to renew my UK passport while in Canada. I can't open the ''passport fees'' link on the ''how to apply from Canada'' page (http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...ly/canada#much).
I know I must send a cashier of bankers certified cheque in US Dollars to the British Embassy Government Account, but I don't know the fee amount.
Could any one please tell me the fee amount?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

jambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to alljambo101 is a name known to all

Hope your passport photos were taken at the specific size required for a British passport, seems the British passport photo's are smaller than a Canadian one and where we got our passport photo's done (Sears) we would have sent in Canadian sized photos if i hadnt casually mentioned that they were for a British passport.
Girl with the camera had to then redo the photo's as she had assumed it was Canadian passport photos i was wanting..
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wort4483
Kind of slightly off topic but wondered if anyone had an idea. I've looked in some other threads and basically I think I just accept a bad decision on my part but wondered if anyone had any advice.

Sent off passport for renewal 5 weeks ago following the "allow 4 weeks" return advice on the website. Money has been taken from credit card and the passport has not been returned. I am supposed to be traveling this Friday but have read on some other threads of people who are waiting longer than this for renewal so am not too hopeful. I have sent an email to the address in thread above which I am waiting a response to, and had a pretty unhelpful conversation.

Should the email not work do I have any options?
I could PM you the e-mail address of a passport clerk at DC if you are not going to post it publicly.

I think you should first call the UK careline services to escalate the issue (use the +44 number is cheaper than using the 1-900). Paying CAD$6 for the call is much better off than changing your travel plan.

I told them the same thing about their "4-week return" commitment. The Careline said that 4-week is from the date of payment, sometimes could take up to 6-weeks due to some special circumstances, blah blah...

Last edited by nwtspam; Mar 7th 2011 at 1:26 am. Reason: *
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gosoot
Hello,
I need to renew my UK passport while in Canada. I can't open the ''passport fees'' link on the ''how to apply from Canada'' page (http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...ly/canada#much).
I know I must send a cashier of bankers certified cheque in US Dollars to the British Embassy Government Account, but I don't know the fee amount.
Could any one please tell me the fee amount?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
This is the working URL:

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/resources/...-fees-march-11

For 1 passport (32 pages):
$211 + Postage ($12)+ Insurance

The UPS Postage Fee includes insurance of up to $100. If you wish to insure the package to cover the cost of replacing the passport /supporting documentation you may choose to do so for an additional fee of $1.80 for up to $300 and $0.60 per $100 after that.

$300=$1.80
$400=$2.40
$500=$3.00
$600=$3.60
$700=$4.20
$800=$4.80
$900=$5.40
$1000=$6.00
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:49 am
Just Joined

gosoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the fees, it is much appreciated.

Still couldn't open the file, I my laptop doesn't have the software to open properly.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:00 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

I could PM you the e-mail address of a passport clerk at DC if you are not going to post it publicly.

I think you should first call the UK careline services to escalate the issue (use the +44 number is cheaper than using the 1-900). Paying CAD$6 for the call is much better off than changing your travel plan.

I told them the same thing about their "4-week return" commitment. The Careline said that 4-week is from the date of payment, sometimes could take up to 6-weeks due to some special circumstances, blah blah...
Hello there,

Do you mind pm'ing me the email address please?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Hello there,

Do you mind pm'ing me the email address please?
check your PM.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:59 pm
Banned

check your PM.
I can't thank you enough, got a reply the next day from someone else, followed by a phone call. My passport ( renew ) was issued, but my son's was not ( first passport ), due to an error in my name on my marriage certificate.

They said although they don't doubt it's me, but the documentation needs to be adjusted before they can issue the passport. So I have now got in touch with registry office to try to rectify this problem.

My file will be open for 6 months and now I have someone to deal with directly.

Thanks again nwtspam!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I can't thank you enough, got a reply the next day from someone else, followed by a phone call. My passport ( renew ) was issued, but my son's was not ( first passport ), due to an error in my name on my marriage certificate.

They said although they don't doubt it's me, but the documentation needs to be adjusted before they can issue the passport.
If your son was born on or after 1 July 2006 (you say he is 3 years old), then you don't even need to provide a marriage certificate. As long as your birth certificate is available and your details are on his birth certificate, then the marriage certificate is irrelevant.

Go back to the Embassy and tell them the law changed back in 2006 ...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

yalecurator is an unknown quantity at this point

check your PM.
Like some of the other posters, I am experiencing problems with renewing my UK passport. The application has been at the Embassy in DC for three weeks, and when I checked with my credit card account on the weekend, they had not collected yet payment. I also discovered that there had been fraudulent activity on my credit card, and the company closed down the account, which will mean that payment will be declined on the account, and presumably they will return my application and I will have to start again.

Careline said that they could not help, as the application was not live yet. Does anyone have any advice? I am booked to go to the UK on April 14 to see my elderly and very frail mother. Perhaps nwtspam will be able to send me the e-mail address of his contact in DC. Or perhaps the kind and authoritative Dean might advise?

This is my first post, so apologies if it violates any protocols. Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.