Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Nurses Bridging Course Question

UK Nurses Bridging Course Question

Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Shelley Bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Nurses Bridging Course Question

My husband is a Mental Health Nurse and is partway through doing the bridging course for RMNs to work in Western Canada. He's done all the online theory but now needs to do 225 placement hours. He was told from the start that he could do this here in the UK. But now the time has come, he has been waiting several weeks for the placement to be organised and nothing is happening. It doesn't look all that promising as they have not heard back on any of their requests for him to do a placement, he has rung wards himself and been fobbed off, and I have contacted a nurse friend who knows some managers in local hospitals and none were willing to discuss it. Meanwhile his registration decision expires soon and while they have said it's OK for it to go over a bit, I am not sure he can push it back indefinitely.

Did anyone else do this course and find they were able to arrange a placement in the UK? Anywhere near London? Has anyone managed to find a way to get clinical hours in the UK through any other avenue like a local university?