Reload this Page >

UK Nurse transfer registration from Alberta to BC

UK Nurse transfer registration from Alberta to BC

Old Jun 8th 2023, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

AirborneDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Nurse transfer registration from Alberta to BC

Hello everyone,
I have another question if anyone is in the know.
I have just read that attaining nurse registration for IENs has become much more simple in Alberta.
It seems that applicants from certain countries
( including the UK) are eligible to sit the NCLEX exam once registration in country of origin has been confirmed by the liscensing body in Alberta.

My question is, would it then be more straightforward to apply for CRNBC registration in British Columbia, before moving to Canada or would one need to practice for a certain period in Alberta?

Thankyou

Last edited by AirborneDan; Jun 8th 2023 at 1:13 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2023, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

AirborneDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Nurse transfer registration from Alberta to BC

Here is the link regarding Alberta registration:

https://www.nurses.ab.ca/strengtheni...ng-to-alberta/
Old Jun 10th 2023, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Few provinces have speeded the process when from certain countries but the process is new so process time is unclear. Registration as a nurse regardless of province is expensive whether initially applying or moving from one to another. Better to apply to where you plan on living and working
Old Jul 29th 2023, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, just to give an update for anyone in a similar situation, I’ve just received an email from CRNA (on a Saturday!), that I’m eligible to sit the NCLEX. I started my application with them in June so it taken 6 weeks to get this far.
No SEC and I didn’t even have to provide transcripts from Uni to prove I did the course. My NMC registration was enough.
They really have streamlined the process in Alberta. Previously it would have taken years and thousands of dollars to get this far, but it’s now taken 6 weeks and a few hundred quid!
Old Aug 4th 2023, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

mdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Hi everyone, just to give an update for anyone in a similar situation, I’ve just received an email from CRNA (on a Saturday!), that I’m eligible to sit the NCLEX. I started my application with them in June so it taken 6 weeks to get this far.
No SEC and I didn’t even have to provide transcripts from Uni to prove I did the course. My NMC registration was enough.
They really have streamlined the process in Alberta. Previously it would have taken years and thousands of dollars to get this far, but it’s now taken 6 weeks and a few hundred quid!
Congratulations, Dan! That’s super quick. What’s your visa route?