Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Nurse to BC

UK Nurse to BC

Old May 9th 2023, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

bethrm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Nurse to BC

Hello! Is there anybody out there currently applying to get registered as a nurse out in BC under the new IEN program?
Old May 12th 2023, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

mdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nurse to BC

Originally Posted by bethrm
Hello! Is there anybody out there currently applying to get registered as a nurse out in BC under the new IEN program?
Hi Beth,

There's a few people on here doing the same. There's a whole thread on it, here - UK nurse moving to Canada

Did you manage to attend any of the HealthMatchBC events across the country at the beginning of the year? We went to the Manchester one and it was really informative. It was also good to hear stories if those who have already made the move.

We're only looking at moving in 2025 (kids etc), so we haven't yet applied, but we know what we have to do and what is involved etc. It's just a case of holding tight and then pulling the trigger once we know we're ready. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help (if I know the answer!).

Cheers,
Michael
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

AirborneDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I’m doing the same thing. I’m aiming to move there in September next year. I’ve started an application with NCAS last week and waiting to see what happens. I’ve also opened an account on heathmatch and uploaded my CV.
I can’t go any further with a visa application until I book an IELTS test so I’m looking for dates on that.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

mdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AirborneDan
Hi there, I’m doing the same thing. I’m aiming to move there in September next year. I’ve started an application with NCAS last week and waiting to see what happens. I’ve also opened an account on heathmatch and uploaded my CV.
I can’t go any further with a visa application until I book an IELTS test so I’m looking for dates on that.
Is English your first language, Dan? When we spoke to Healthmatch in February, they said that it’s unlikely you’ll need to do an IELTS exam, at least for the purposes of your nursing registration. Double check with them. They’re super helpful.
Old Jun 5th 2023, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

AirborneDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I’m English, I’m gonna need the IELTS anyway for the visa application. I opened an account with NCAS and heath match a week ago and haven’t heard back yet so I’ll just give them a bit more time
Old Aug 5th 2023, 8:20 am
Just Joined

jamesandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife is a british nurse, we are currently going through the process, you dont need the IELTS for your visa, especially if your doing this all through healthmatch as your visa is linked to your ROS contract and the fact you have a UK degree means you dont need the ielts
Old Aug 5th 2023, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesandcol
my wife is a british nurse, we are currently going through the process, you dont need the IELTS for your visa, especially if your doing this all through healthmatch as your visa is linked to your ROS contract and the fact you have a UK degree means you dont need the ielts
IELTS is not required for a work permit, but will be required for PR (unless by any chance your wife is applying for PR via a family based route).

HTH.