UK Jacuzzi

Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Jacuzzi

Originally Posted by Oink
Couldn't they just have a bath?
For arthritis, a jacuzzi (or what we have which is whirlpool bath) helps far more than just a "normal" bath. For one thing they are deeper so it is easier to submerge yourself. I could only get about half of me under the water in the normal bath that we have, and certainly not get the bit of my back that causes me problems submerged.

The other thing is that the bubbles kind of "massage" the skin and that helps as well...

So no, if you want it for pain relief, a normal bath doesn't always do...

I can't speak for the manual workers though...
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:23 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chookie
For arthritis, a jacuzzi (or what we have which is whirlpool bath) helps far more than just a "normal" bath. For one thing they are deeper so it is easier to submerge yourself. I could only get about half of me under the water in the normal bath that we have, and certainly not get the bit of my back that causes me problems submerged.

The other thing is that the bubbles kind of "massage" the skin and that helps as well...

So no, if you want it for pain relief, a normal bath doesn't always do...

I can't speak for the manual workers though...
But if you are having it for medical reasons, would it not be better to have indoor than out doors
In other words getting out into the cold air will undo all that has been done, so infact oink is right a bath would be better as its in doors
I know some girls that use the hot tub, get out, roll in the snow and then jump back in the hot tub
They say it is good for the skin lol

Could you imagine getting out of a hot tub and it being minus 30 with a windchill that brings it down to -50 OMG..............................................
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
I know some girls that use the hot tub, get out, roll in the snow and then jump back in the hot tub
Link, please?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:35 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

But if you are having it for medical reasons, would it not be better to have indoor than out doors
In other words getting out into the cold air will undo all that has been done, so infact oink is right a bath would be better as its in doors

Could you imagine getting out of a hot tub and it being minus 30 with a windchill that brings it down to -50 OMG..............................................
Wow, thats a first.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:37 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was younger and slimmer and so more socially acceptable I dabbled in hot tubs in minus 15. No snow rolling though, I'd've spilled me drink.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:53 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Very good

You are Emile Zola and I claim my 50 sous
Very very close. I'm Zola Budd
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:56 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
Very very close. I'm Zola Budd
Shoeless and prone to tripping people?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:06 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Shoeless and prone to tripping people?
Allegedly
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but mine is a whirlpool bath thingy in the bathroom... so it is indoors.

I must admit, I don't get the outdoor hot-tubs at all.... why go outside to have what amounts to a hot bubbly bath?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:00 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
Ah but mine is a whirlpool bath thingy in the bathroom... so it is indoors.

I must admit, I don't get the outdoor hot-tubs at all.... why go outside to have what amounts to a hot bubbly bath?
You can get more people in it and share skin flakes and other bodily particles.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
You can get more people in it and share skin flakes and other bodily particles.

There is only one person I am happy sharing bodily particles with, and my bath is plenty big enough for the 2 of us...