Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

U.K. To Canada

U.K. To Canada

Old May 26th 2016, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K. To Canada

Originally Posted by joshphill94
oh right, sorry, didn't realize i wasn't allowed to ask questions on other threads.

My bad...
It's fine, but it just detracts from the OP's questions, and it's also better to keep all your questions in one place so that people can see any relevant info about you i.e. your job etc.

If you read the 'Newbies' sticky thread on here (or follow the link in my signature), it'll give you a good guide to using the forum, and includes links to useful Wiki articles such as the Abbreviations guide posted above.

HTH.
Old May 26th 2016, 7:34 am
Just Joined

samjam1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, me and my partner are looking at doing the exact same thing!

Have you applied for the IEC yet? I'm guessing your waiting til 2017?

How are you planning on staying after the 2 years? I'm going to try and get a TWP in my field, but this is probably going to be really difficult.

What parts of Canada have you looked at?
Hi, yeah I am going to wait until the dates are available for 2017 and apply then.

I'm kind of torn between Toronto and Vancouver, but I think I'm leaning more towards Vancouver to be honest. There is a guy who has just joined my work who did an IEC and frequently goes out there for months at a time. I've picked his brains about everything I wanted to ask, and he absolutely loves it there so that kind of gives me a bit of confidence in a way.

I haven't really got a long term plan yet, I think I'm just going to focus on getting there, trying to get any job so that I'll have money coming in and then try and find something in my field.

But I would say in the mean time just do a but load of research and try and save as much as you can
Old May 26th 2016, 8:21 am
Just Joined

joshphill94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samjam1234
Hi, yeah I am going to wait until the dates are available for 2017 and apply then.

I'm kind of torn between Toronto and Vancouver, but I think I'm leaning more towards Vancouver to be honest. There is a guy who has just joined my work who did an IEC and frequently goes out there for months at a time. I've picked his brains about everything I wanted to ask, and he absolutely loves it there so that kind of gives me a bit of confidence in a way.

I haven't really got a long term plan yet, I think I'm just going to focus on getting there, trying to get any job so that I'll have money coming in and then try and find something in my field.

But I would say in the mean time just do a but load of research and try and save as much as you can
we were looking Toronto, but a bit put off by the house prices, so may be looking.

good to see other people going through the same thing as us.

Good luck!
Old May 26th 2016, 9:18 am
Just Joined

samjam1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

we were looking Toronto, but a bit put off by the house prices, so may be looking.

good to see other people going through the same thing as us.

Good luck!
Yeah I'm still not sure about Toronto also, someone from this forum has just gone out to Toronto so hopefully I'll stay intouch with him and see how he gets on, but u think deep down I would like to be on the west coast.

Yeah it is good to speak to like minded people, send private message and keep in touch if you like, it would be good to speak to someone who is going through the same thing and see how they get on.
Old May 26th 2016, 12:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

we were looking Toronto, but a bit put off by the house prices
It is not usual, when startled by Toronto house prices, to consider London, NYC, Tokyo or Vancouver instead.