In trouble

Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In trouble

Originally Posted by chadwicks
the employment was acquired as well as the lmo and work permit, after we arrived in Canada

he has completed his written test as well as the air-brake endorsement, and also paid for his class 1 test.....
Why not just go to a Class 1 driving school and take the test? It can be done independently of an employer.

Do you think the employer is stalling the test for some reason?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:54 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Why not just go to a Class 1 driving school and take the test? It can be done independently of an employer.

Do you think the employer is stalling the test for some reason?
Maybe if the op has already paid for the test via the employer, then they don't have the funds to take it seperately?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:33 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

As stated by the OP they are out of funds... now!.. Rent is overdue and they are about to be thrown out on the streets. It's a cry for help!

To me, the urgent issue is survival in monetary terms. I'm not sure that debating the ins and outs of permits to work is relevant. They need an immediate survival fund combined with a survival strategy. Both can work hand in hand, but immediate financial needs must be sorted first or they will be out on the streets in NS at this time of the year!

Judging by what I have read in the forum over the last few years, employers and landlords in Canada may not be the most understanding of people. Not that I am suggesting they are any different anywhere else!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

the employment was acquired as well as the lmo and work permit, after we arrived in Canada

he has completed his written test as well as the air-brake endorsement, and also paid for his class 1 test.....
Ok then he needs to go to the employer and give them a bit of a nudge in the right direction...... What he is experiencing is a common problem both in Transportation and Canada....lethargy and 'Its not my problem'. This is a major problem in the industry here - if you are not 'working' you are being paid nothing.... 0 $

He needs to lay out to the employer that they have had more than enough time to organize someone to do the 'training' and that they knew that he was here and that sometime over the coming weeks was going to need to take the practical test. Politely point out that you are coming to the end of your resources and as a result of the companies failure feel that it is up to them to provide an alternative means of taking the test ie that they contact a driving school in the HRM and put you through your test via them.

The first thing they will say is that its not how we do things.... its not our fault..... we are working on it...... Your response should be cut the crap this is my life you are messing with and I am about to be made homeless. If you still dont care I am going to report you to the NS PNP, HRSDC and Im going to the media. Then Im going to find another job and make it clear how you conduct yourselves to every single driver that I meet.

You can PM me if you want
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

No advice to give but would just like to wish you guys the best of luck. Am sure it will all pan out well .
Old Oct 25th 2012, 11:27 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Can't give any advice on the job or where to find money but you should register with the local food bank for supplies. My local one has a wide variety of clients, it's all very friendly and relaxed. They may also have contacts with other agencies who would help.

Good luck
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:33 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Just rushed through this thread. Sorry you are in this position.

Tale tells of a trucker here in Sask who's company did not fulfil the conditions of the LMO through HRDS....... and he got his LMO transferred to another company. BUT there was a few weeks wait.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 1:20 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Maybe if the op has already paid for the test via the employer, then they don't have the funds to take it seperately?
Surely getting the license is the quickest and easiest way to solve the problem. If the op gets the license problem solved, then presumably they can work and money begins to flow. If the employer is stalling, it would seem doing this privately is the quickest and perhaps the only solution.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 2:18 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

oh I don't doubt that for a second however we don't know what the cost of whatever he has to undertake would be, and with the greatest of respect to the op if the rent money isn't there then it's unlikely that money for a new test is there. I hope i'm wrong because taking the test would make the best sense.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 4:29 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
oh I don't doubt that for a second however we don't know what the cost of whatever he has to undertake would be, and with the greatest of respect to the op if the rent money isn't there then it's unlikely that money for a new test is there. I hope i'm wrong because taking the test would make the best sense.
I had to have a medical for my class 4 unrestricted and that was 160. I think all in all it was around 300. Its so expensive.

All the best chadwicks.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

chadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the rough

thanks for all your advice guys, (MR) will be going to sit the test (as we paid for it) and got the LMO transfered to another company with the help of isis (can rightly say that we will NEVER be passing on friendly words reference the trucking company) and fingers crossed!

Also (MRS) contacted my future employer to speak to the LMO office and the said it can take upto 15 working days for the LMO to be approved. Funnily enough they phoned my employer on the same day as it was sent, to mention it needed to be completed on the 'higher skilled' application which was nice, they didnt have to do that really.

In between asking family for a small bit of help with the rent, and letting the landlord in on our situation might pay off so to speak it might go ok, but we are also going to speak to ISIS in our meeting with them on Monday.

So all-in-all we should be back on track soon, but yet again with all of your help! It is uplifting to think that wherever you are in the world there are people who are there who willingly have the kindness to give you a nudge in the right direction, and it is greatly appreciated.

We will keep you updated , and try to give others help in situations, thank you all again

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:40 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all your advice guys, (MR) will be going to sit the test (as we paid for it) and got the LMO transfered to another company with the help of isis (can rightly say that we will NEVER be passing on friendly words reference the trucking company) and fingers crossed!

Also (MRS) contacted my future employer to speak to the LMO office and the said it can take upto 15 working days for the LMO to be approved. Funnily enough they phoned my employer on the same day as it was sent, to mention it needed to be completed on the 'higher skilled' application which was nice, they didnt have to do that really.

In between asking family for a small bit of help with the rent, and letting the landlord in on our situation might pay off so to speak it might go ok, but we are also going to speak to ISIS in our meeting with them on Monday.

So all-in-all we should be back on track soon, but yet again with all of your help! It is uplifting to think that wherever you are in the world there are people who are there who willingly have the kindness to give you a nudge in the right direction, and it is greatly appreciated.

We will keep you updated , and try to give others help in situations, thank you all again

Good luck!, all sounding more positive, sure it is all going to work out, just a bump in the road to get through
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Awww that's great news. I am glad ISIS could help you. Take care
Old Oct 26th 2012, 1:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a difference a day makes!!

Well done to both of you! I missed this thread yesterday, and it seems you're on the road to a solution already, so kudos to all the BEers who posted helpful and timely advice. I was never quite in your financial straits, but having lost the job my TWP was tied to, before my PR came through, I have an inkling of how frightening it is to have no capacity to earn a living to get the money to pay the bills. I hope it all works out for you very soon - keep us posted!
Old Oct 26th 2012, 7:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I am so pleased to read this! Great news x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.