Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tremblant - skiing

Tremblant - skiing

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:32 am
Essex hopefuls

4 of a kind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tremblant - skiing

Has anyone ever been to Tremblant area for skiing - i'm asking this for friends who are planning a trip, we will be in Toronto area, hopefully one day, but I guess Montreal would be nearest for them?? Would the skiing round there suit all abilities, and is it a heavily touristy area??

thanks,
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:42 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tremblant - skiing

Originally Posted by 4 of a kind
Has anyone ever been to Tremblant area for skiing - i'm asking this for friends who are planning a trip, we will be in Toronto area, hopefully one day, but I guess Montreal would be nearest for them?? Would the skiing round there suit all abilities, and is it a heavily touristy area??

thanks,
It is fair way from Toronto (about 7 hours) but only an hour or two from Montreal.

It is a tourist area, yes. The skiing is for all abilities.

Have a look at www.tremblant.ca
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My colleague here has a condo at Tremblant. She points out that compared to other resorts it's famously cold. Bring everything, buy more layers on arrival.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future

Hi
I have skied at Tremblant on 2 separate weeks coming from the UK, and in fact am going back there this January for a few days from our new home in Toronto.

It is probably 7 hours from Toronto by car and less than 90 minutes from Montreal. By air it is definitely best to fly into Montreal. There is a shuttle bus and lots of limos to take you there.

Tremblant is a typical Intrawest resort....very well managed and structured. It does get very busy at holidays but still seems to be able to cope. The mountain isn't huge by any means but offers good skiing for all abilities. The ski school and creche are excellent (though beware of the French speaking instructors if you have kids). There are plenty of long cruising runs, some excellent double blacks as well as glade and tree skiing.

You'll love it!

Gordon

thanks,
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:41 pm
Essex hopefuls

4 of a kind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skigordi
Hi
I have skied at Tremblant on 2 separate weeks coming from the UK, and in fact am going back there this January for a few days from our new home in Toronto.

It is probably 7 hours from Toronto by car and less than 90 minutes from Montreal. By air it is definitely best to fly into Montreal. There is a shuttle bus and lots of limos to take you there.

Tremblant is a typical Intrawest resort....very well managed and structured. It does get very busy at holidays but still seems to be able to cope. The mountain isn't huge by any means but offers good skiing for all abilities. The ski school and creche are excellent (though beware of the French speaking instructors if you have kids). There are plenty of long cruising runs, some excellent double blacks as well as glade and tree skiing.

You'll love it!

Gordon
Thanks for that, really useful info from you both - Intrawest ? is that a holiday company?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future

Intrawest are a huge holiday resort company..own Tremblant, Whistler, Blue Mountain and many others inclusing parts of Les Arc in France. They know there busineness and run excellent resorts

Thanks for that, really useful info from you both - Intrawest ? is that a holiday company?