Reload this Page >

Transferring Mental Health Nurse qualification to Canada , Alberta

Transferring Mental Health Nurse qualification to Canada , Alberta

Old Feb 16th 2023, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Madarino89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring Mental Health Nurse qualification to Canada , Alberta

Hi everyone,

Myself and my partner are both registered Mental Health NUrses in uk, we are planning to relocate to Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton) and were wondering what is the process of it? I am aware we would most likely need to sit the Exam however, does anyone know about the process in detail ?

Thank you !
Old Feb 16th 2023, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring Mental Health Nurse qualification to Canada , Alberta

Hi, welcome to BE.

Can't help with the process in detail but essentially it seems to be a lot of money and a lot of time! For more useful info, have a search of the forum as there are tons of threads from other nurses that will give you more details, here's one to get you started - Mental Health Nurse (RMN, BSc) working in British Columbia

HTH, good luck.
Old Feb 16th 2023, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

bryndog1950 is an unknown quantity at this point

You may find this useful:

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca.../Page12717.asp

Old Feb 16th 2023, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I will check both links out. Any chance you could tell me please what are the fullt ime hours per week that you work in nursing (psychiatry preferably) in alberta ? for example it is 37.7hrs in Uk
Old Apr 1st 2023, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I've just completed the process (it took two years) and have just got my ontario nursing licence yesterday. feel free to PM me with any questions about the process or the exams!
Old Apr 1st 2023, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Hello! 2 years? wow ! Myself and my partner are traveling to Alberta (Calgary ) in mid May and afterwards are going to make a final decision as the registration process is quiet expensive. Can I please ask why it took 2 years, as the official NNAS guidelines are 1 year. Also in terms of the Exam, how different their laws and legislation it is from UK ? Any material you could please advise to study in order to prepare for it ?

Thank you
Old Apr 1st 2023, 5:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

2 years is actually quite quick! I’ve never heard of that 1 year timescale but I’d say it’s not accurate just going on what other forum members have experienced. Here’s an example - UK Nurse trying to get to canada

Good luck.