Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto suburbs

Toronto suburbs

Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toronto suburbs

Can any one give me a thumbnail sketch of the areas of Burlington, Flambrough, Ancasters/Dundas, and Hamilton. I am curious about alternatives to Oakville especially if the exchange rate keeps heading into the toilet.

Thanks.

Dozzzzy
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toronto suburbs

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Can any one give me a thumbnail sketch of the areas of Burlington, Flambrough, Ancasters/Dundas, and Hamilton. I am curious about alternatives to Oakville especially if the exchange rate keeps heading into the toilet.

Thanks.

Dozzzzy
I can't answer your question fully but when i visited mt sister in T.O. a few years ago, she told me that Hamilton has the highest cancer rate in Canada. How true that is I don't know but if I were to choose, I'd give there a miss
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:38 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto suburbs

Originally Posted by Smokey
I can't answer your question fully but when i visited mt sister in T.O. a few years ago, she told me that Hamilton has the highest cancer rate in Canada. How true that is I don't know but if I were to choose, I'd give there a miss
My word, Hamilton sure gets a bad press. Largely due to the industrial bit by the water everyone sees from the QEW. I hear that its really not so bad in the city itself, and pretty good value for that corner of the world.

Actually I think its Sarnia that had a dreadfull record due to chemical valley and all the asbesdos related industrial diseases associated with poor health and safety practices in the 40s and 50s

(Can you tell I'm the management safety rep here?)

Last edited by iaink; Jul 7th 2005 at 8:43 pm.