Toronto

Old Dec 15th 2008, 10:54 am
Account Closed

micknev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toronto

Hi,
Having spent 3 months in Vancouver,on a reccie,although its nicer than UK,not what i expected and not where would settle,(was first choice),am now going to try Toronto in new year,prob May.Can anyone advise on area to look at to buy,within 20/30 mins of city.Any other info would be g8,thanks.
Mick
Old Dec 15th 2008, 11:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto

Just out of interest, why did Vancouver not suit? You might find that Toronto won't either so perhaps if you give your reasons for not liking Vancouver then you might find people advise another city to try instead that may suit you more. I'm not a fan of Toronto or the GTA (far too built up/industrial/sprawling for me) so can't offer advice on any areas to live there, but just thought that if you say what you are after and why you decided against Vancouver you might get some other good suggestions.

Good luck.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Valid Point.
Vancouver itself felt "souless",g8 people,I was aware it rained,just prefer the cold rather than rain,it did feel a bit like China/Hong Kong,nothing against either country/occupants.General cost,car ins especially(also ride m/cycle),and yes am aware it varies Province to province.
Was looking for more Canadian way of life,spoke to a few in fact who were moving out,for reasons above.Suppose what im after is to live near to City,20/30 mins,(2x kids,21 and 23)!!and have a bit of space around,living in Uk,like being in goldfish bowl.Yes I appreciate the world is small and people,inc myself,are immigrants.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micknev
Was looking for more Canadian way of life.
Not sure what you're looking for but more than half the population of Toronto consists of people born outside Canada. Add in all the first-generation Canadians and you have a very diverse population. If you want real men in plaid who dump the carcasses of things just shot on the table for the barefoot and pregnant wife to gut you have to be 70 miles or so out of town.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Looking for what ive said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:03 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for what ive said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you haven't really said... "Canadian lifestyle" means as many different things to as many different people as you can ask. In Toronto, the typical Canadian lifestyle might be considered living in a suburban subdivision, commuting to work in the downtown core for 60 hours a week or so, doing your shopping in Wal-Mart, having a few beers on a weekend and starting all over again on Monday morning. Is that what you want?

If you couldn't find this elusive Canadian mojo in Vancouver I doubt you'll find it any easier in the GTA. And if you have issues with soullessness and the prevalence of immigrant populations, you may well find Toronto equally disappointing.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Forget i asked,I was honest in what i thought,if this upsets,tough,here we go,I LOVE VANCOUVER,AND EVERYBODY THERE,HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
If you couldn't find this elusive Canadian mojo in Vancouver I doubt you'll find it any easier in the GTA. And if you have issues with soullessness and the prevalence of immigrant populations, you may well find Toronto equally disappointing.
Totally agree. Not sure Toronto is right for you either (would guess you'd like it even less than Vancouver going on what you've said you're after), but no idea where to suggest another place that would tick your boxes. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge of other Canadian cities will be along with some suggestions soon though.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget i asked,I was honest in what i thought,if this upsets,tough,here we go,I LOVE VANCOUVER,AND EVERYBODY THERE,HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please put your toys back in your pram. Unless you tell us what you think a "Canadian way of life" would be we can't tell you where to find it.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Don't be ridiculous! People are trying to help you, nobody has said you have to love Vancouver, but simply that it's very unlikely you'll find what you're looking for in Toronto. Personally I don't think any major city like Vancouver or Toronto will suit you if you don't like living somewhere with lots of people, a high immigrant population, high cost of living and you want somewhere with space around you. Seems to me you'd be better off near a smaller city i.e. Halifax N.S. or Fredericton N.B. but that's just a guess.

Read the replies you've been given again and you'll see that nobody criticised you or your opinions and people have tried to help (they just asked for clarification), there really is no need to be so rude or 'shout' at people.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

kingswaydriver is an unknown quantity at this point

have a look at the places just to the east of Toronto.pickering and durham regions are very nice.brampton and Georgetown to the west is cool.its all depends on exactly what you are looking for.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by kingswaydriver
brampton
Ha!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone advise on area to look at to buy,within 20/30 mins of city.Any other info would be g8,thanks.
Mick
Serious question - will you have a car or will you be using public transport?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:30 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

I think somewhere like the Beaches would suffice.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: Toronto

Thank you all for advice,I did not wish to upset anyone at all,Oak villian,wow u not happy,dbd33,wife not pregant or bare foot,but yes I can kill and gut a carcass,Just hoping that butcher can do it for me for a change.Wow you guys are aggresive,wanna cum hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kingswaydriver thank you for that,also GE04,will have a look,Appreciate feed back as always,happy xmas to all and a g8 new year to everyone,you only live once,ask the qs,even if answers upset,good health to you all.Thank You

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.