Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Top 10 Canadian Cities

Top 10 Canadian Cities

Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 10 Canadian Cities

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
<Waves>

It is possible to buy some limited variations on the theme of cheese here, it's just bloody expensive. Fancy a piece of Stilton? - at least $6 for the smallest wedge.
At the risk of exposing my bourgeois tendencies, I'm afraid I've no idea what I pay for cheese. Raclet for two is about twenty-five bucks but, other than that, I couldn't tell you if it's two bucks a pound or twenty bucks a pound. It doesn't matter, my demand for cheese is inelastic.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:51 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
At the risk of exposing my bourgeois tendencies, I'm afraid I've no idea what I pay for cheese. Raclet for two is about twenty-five bucks but, other than that, I couldn't tell you if it's two bucks a pound or twenty bucks a pound. It doesn't matter, my demand for cheese is inelastic.
Yeah but you clawed your way to the riches of computer pimpdon on the backs of the cracker-barrel eating proletariat. Come the revolution you'll be the first in the fondue set.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but you clawed your way to the riches of computer pimpdon on the backs of the cracker-barrel eating proletariat. Come the revolution you'll be the first in the fondue set.
I think they mainly ate grits, that and gruel. Oddly we're eating a lot of grits lately, with parmesan or asaigo.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:12 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

So I wonder what remote corners of the country people live in where they have to make do with spray on cheese.
Seeing as you seemingly like to think that Calgary is back of the beyond.

http://springbankcheese.ca/catalog/

Three locations in Calgary one in Woodstock Ontario.

27 different English cheeses listed on their website plus cheeses from many other countries.

I have no clue what it's all like as cheese is not high on my list of menu items these days.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:13 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I think they mainly ate grits, that and gruel. Oddly we're eating a lot of grits lately, with parmesan or asaigo.
Have you actually moved to Guelph?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvy
Have you actually moved to Guelph?
Yes. I have a little house with another poster. There's brie and cheddar in the fridge.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:34 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I have a little house with another poster. There's brie and cheddar in the fridge.
That's a bit out in the sticks isn't it? I thought you would be moving back to The Beach.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:47 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

little house with another poster.
Is this house on the prairie?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:49 pm
Slightly Canadian

Excellent thread drift btw, from top ten whatevers through cheese to dbd33's domestic arrangements. Can we get to block heaters and winter tires next?
Assimilated Pauper

That's a bit out in the sticks isn't it? I thought you would be moving back to The Beach.
Much trudging around there searching for something fit to mortgage but otherwise wrecked found nothing at all. Cash money, better than $300,000, and nerve is required to get in the game. For example, the daughter who's emigrating to Essex just sold her house off the Danforth 12 hours after listing it for 100% of list ($340,000 for a tiny semi with the kitchen and bathroom below grade) with no conditions. The buyer had bid on four other houses that fortnight.

We were mulling the lack of necessary funds and the degree of risk in bidding without conditions in an area renowned for subsidence and termites when an interesting property near here presented itself and the current project commenced.
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by el_richo
Is this house on the prairie?
Nope. It's in one of the "cities" listed.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:56 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

So, are you still commuting to TO?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:12 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaah. I just wondered if it was next to a little mosque.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Within stumbling distance of the Woolie and/or Albion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.