too old

Old Mar 25th 2011, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

jack 66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default too old

thinking of booking holiday in vancouver for 2weeks , with the view to moving for good . my wife is 35 and a nurse , I am 44 and a pipe welder with a two year old boy. Currently living in ireland , would rent house out for year or so , at my age am i mad.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: too old

There are a lot of people older than you applying - we are two of them! Never crossed our minds we might be too old.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:12 pm
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

I was 34 and hubby was 44 when we applied. Now I'm 40 and he's 50 and we've been in NS for 7 months.

Never too old for adventure
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:20 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jack 66
thinking of booking holiday in vancouver for 2weeks , with the view to moving for good . my wife is 35 and a nurse , I am 44 and a pipe welder with a two year old boy. Currently living in ireland , would rent house out for year or so , at my age am i mad.
Lot's of people move in their late 30's early 40's. The upside is that people have normally built up some wealth/equity by then which they can then use to help get set up. The downside is that their "career" can be set back quite a bit as they start over.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:23 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jack 66
Welcome to BE.

I'd think very hard about the financial cost to you. At your age it's difficult to make up for mistakes and you don't wan't to spend old age poor and have no security. Secondly, a holiday in Vancouver is fun but living here permanently is not all beer and skittles.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was 47 when I married for the first time and then I moved over.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:36 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

53 years old and FSW application under way. Wife, at 34, is somewhat younger.

My father was 50 something when he moved to Canada.

I say move when you feel like it, not based on DOB.

Last edited by james.mc; Mar 25th 2011 at 7:35 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:47 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by james.mc
53 years old and FSW application under way. Wife, at 34, is somewhat younger.

May father was 50 something when he moved to Canada.

I say move when you feel like it, not based on DOB.
i wuz aboot 30 when i movin' 2 canada an i is now 16 in ny.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

im 33 and hubby is 42 and in the process of moving.never too old.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:02 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
i wuz aboot 30 when i movin' 2 canada an i is now 16 in ny.
Well put Charlie.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to sound too negative but I am going to anyway. When the novelty of frigid temperatures, the inordinate amount of snow, Tim Horton’s and shopping in the endless, endless strip-malls and the inane prattle about ice hockey wears thin and you look around to find that most of your financial security has been eroded and you haven’t seen your family in five years, remember that an interesting holiday may have been a better option to quench that thirst for adventure.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Sorry to sound too negative but I am going to anyway. When the novelty of frigid temperatures, the inordinate amount of snow, Tim Horton’s and shopping in the endless, endless strip-malls and the inane prattle about ice hockey wears thin and you look around to find that most of your financial security has been eroded and you haven’t seen your family in five years, remember that an interesting holiday may have been a better option to quench that thirst for adventure.
Does Vancouver have frigid temperatures ?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram
Does Vancouver have frigid temperatures ?
Who can afford to live in Vancouver? But I see your point. So when the endless fishing, sailing, hiking, year round golfing and picknics on the beach wear thin . . .

You could still just come on holiday every year.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Oink
Who can afford to live in Vancouver? But I see your point. So when the endless fishing, sailing, hiking, year round golfing and picknics on the beach wear thin . . .

You could still just come on holiday every year.
I only mentioned it as the OP was going there for his 2 weeks.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram
I only mentioned it as the OP was going there for his 2 weeks.
And in my hast to offer advice I missed that critical factor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.