Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Today has been spent watching my house being packed up

Today has been spent watching my house being packed up

Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:37 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Default Today has been spent watching my house being packed up

Weird day - spent watching removal men clothe all my wordly goods in brown paper and tape.

Spent a good 10 mins bawling my eyes out when my oldest friend came round for moral support.

And tomorrow it gets loaded onto a container.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today has been spent watching my house being packed up

It's certainly one of those "this is really happening" moments when you see your wordly goods being packaged but you'll be fine. Hope the rest of the packing goes well and then you can begin to focus on sorting out any loose ends and getting yourselves over here to join your chap and your cat.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:34 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Good Luck tomorrow, hope it all goes ok, not long now
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Good luck Debbie
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Parris is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck tomorrow, hope it all goes ok, not long now[/QUOTE]
I'm so jealous having said goodbye to my OH yesterday as he left on the plane, can't wait for the day I can sell this house and get the men and brown tape in lol
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely a weird "Oh my God" moment. Very best wishes for the next stage .....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:40 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Thanks all - Day 2 and the container is due later this morning. Odd how I don't feel this is my house anymore and I have always loved it.

Losing internet from this evening so this may be one of my last posts until we are on the 'other side'.

The Ross Family
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:20 pm
Permanent Resident

Well all my worldy goods are now heading for Southampton. An emotional day to say the least.

Logging out now as internet is going tonight. See you guys on the other side and thanks so much for all your help and advice and support over the past few months.

Okotoks watch out - The Ross's are coming
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

See you soon, have a safe journey
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

just think it will be like christmas morning when it all arrives at the other end!! it was for us good luck with everything
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:26 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - its an odd feeling seeing it go and such a relief when you see it all turn up the other side!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Good luck - its an odd feeling seeing it go and such a relief when you see it all turn up the other side!!
good luck to you all, were so envious, new life hear you come and we are there 4 months after you. best wishes.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
good luck to you all, were so envious, new life hear you come and we are there 4 months after you. best wishes.
Good luck guys, can't help feeling envious, hope its us in a year's time, we're just starting the process, it seems a lifetime away.