Reload this Page >

Timelines for PNP applicants - Mr.Miller please comment

Timelines for PNP applicants - Mr.Miller please comment

Old Jul 25th 2002, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Tatu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timelines for PNP applicants - Mr.Miller please comment

Hi Mr. Miller / Rest of the forum

Anyone with experiences in timeslines for PNP applicants being processed in Buffalo and Nairobi?

I am 25, RN and have been able to clear initial registration with 3 provinces in Canada and am waiting to write exam to get full licence. With that I got PNP nomination and have applied to Buffalo.

My mum found a job too and got PNP (Cool eh ? ) So we are both moving to the same province.

In past 3 months since I applied to Buffalo I have heard nothing.
My mum got a file number from Nairobi stating to expect to hear from them in 24 months . I don't have a file number yet.

We both have jobs waiting and are anxious to move. Were hoping we won't have to move in winter time as it is easier to move and adjust before winter.

From what i know based on read provincial websites, the provinces hope their candidates will get processed fast. Also the new manuals for PNP tell immigration officer to go ahead and issue medicals after getting application, which basically undermines the need for interviews.

I wanted general observation from Mr Miller about our situation. Has anything changed in new rules for PNP? Do u know of anytime lines in Nairobi?

Thanks
T
Old Jul 25th 2002, 5:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Timelines for PNP applicants - Mr.Miller please comment

It is too early to tell what impact on processing time of PR applications submitted
by PNP certificates holders new law will have.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Tatu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Mr. Miller / Rest of the forum
    >
    > Anyone with experiences in timeslines for PNP applicants being processed in Buffalo
    > and Nairobi?
    >
    > I am 25, RN and have been able to clear initial registration with 3 provinces in
    > Canada and am waiting to write exam to get full licence. With that I got PNP
    > nomination and have applied to Buffalo.
    >
    > My mum found a job too and got PNP (Cool eh ? ) So we are both moving to the same
    > province.
    >
    > In past 3 months since I applied to Buffalo I have heard nothing. My mum got a file
    > number from Nairobi stating to expect to hear from them in 24 months . I don't
    > have a file number yet.
    >
    > We both have jobs waiting and are anxious to move. Were hoping we won't have to
    > move in winter time as it is easier to move and adjust before winter.
    >
    > From what i know based on read provincial websites, the provinces hope their
    > candidates will get processed fast. Also the new manuals for PNP tell immigration
    > officer to go ahead and issue medicals after getting application, which basically
    > undermines the need for interviews.
    >
    > I wanted general observation from Mr Miller about our situation. Has anything
    > changed in new rules for PNP? Do u know of anytime lines in Nairobi?
    >
    > Thanks T
    >
    >
    >
    > --